Is This Game Worth It For 20 Bucks?

OceanEve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So I just have an xbox series s, and I saw that this game is being delisted next week. It's available on the xbox store for 19.99 and I was wondering what everyone's opinion on this game is?

I've heard fairly positive things about it at the time but I've never played it myself, I do really like the art style and I love 3D platformers. I *do* have am xbox 360 easily available, but I would prefer to play is on my series s to take advantage of the quicker load times and better controller.

So what are your thoughts? Is this worth the price to y'all or should I just slum it on a 360 with a used copy 😅

Any opinions would be appreciated!

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

@oceaneve: I would have a hard time recommending a game this old for 20 bucks, maybe 10 or 5. I liked it well enough but it's astoundingly easy since you never really die: anytime you mess up it just respawns you right where you were. Kind of takes some of the challenge out of it!

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By lego_my_eggo

Yeah the only thing is its so old it should probably not be $20, but i think i paid more then that and was happy with the game. It takes a lot of inspiration from Okami, Ico and i believe Shadow of the Colossus, so if you likes the look and style of those games, go for it. It is also $10 on steam right now, but i don't think the PC version ever got the DLC that is basically the real ending to the game, so heads up about that.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oceaneve: I probably wouldn't buy it for $20 considering you'd have to plunk down another $10 for the "epilogue." I wouldn't be surprised if it gets remastered or rereleased at some point either. I don't know what licensing issues there could be with it. $20 for an incomplete game or $30 for a game this old that wasn't exactly considered a classic when it came out seems pretty expensive to me.

Like how badly do you actually want to play this game and if you wanted to play it that badly why haven't you yet?

OceanEve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigsocrates Ah, I didn't realize there was a $10 epilogue that they sold 🙃 I was really itching that badly to play it, I just saw ot was being delisted and have always been curious about it.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

Sure. I really enjoyed it back in 2008. Don't expect amazing platforming or combat, it's a very simple and unremarkable game in terms of mechanics, but the art style is fantastic and the game still looks great 15 years later. What's stuck with me the most though is the soundtrack, which still pops up in my head sometimes even though I haven't touched the game in over a decade. Just listen to this shit.

apewins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Steep price for an old game, but it is worth playing... If you have disposable money I suppose you have to if you intend on playing it, so I guess I'm gonna say yes. I might have to do the same, by the way thanks for letting me know about the upcoming delisting. I wouldn't bet on a remaster ever happening, Ubisoft seems done with the series, and even if they aren't they'll probably go with the grittier versions and pretend this one never existed.

dooz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems to be an unpopular opinion here, but you're probably better off using Xenia to emulate it.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oceaneve: @lego_my_eggo: The "real ending" is just another cliffhanger. Don't worry about missing it, especially when the PC version is on sale for $2 pretty often.

I liked the game. Sands of Time trilogy is better, and so are both the PS360 and Wii versions of Forgotten Sands, but it is unique compared to the rest of the series. A beautiful world to parkour around and explore at your own pace.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

It's a really great game, but I'm surprised it still goes for $20.