Blog #18 - A Year In Design, with Vault Boy

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

Edited By alistercat

So... it's a new year. I don't much believe in New Years resolutions. I did however decide that it would be a good time to challenge myself. My confidence in my design abilities is pathetic at best and I need to be able to generate more pieces. My portfolio is surprisingly empty. I need to do something that gets me feeling creative each day and doing something so that I can improve. I want and need to be better at my 'job'.

For the next year I will be designing one thing every day and writing a blog about it. Not much writing but generally posting the image and then talking a little bit about it. But not here. You guys don't want to have to get a blog from me a day. I will however post here when they are game related such as Day #001, a vault boy poster. First thing that came to mind when I woke up so I went with it. 

VAULT-TEC, Reserve Yours Today! 
I will probably do some more phoenix wright illustrations, as I have already done a few (check my previous blogs for those). Please leave feedback, I enjoy reading it. Let's hope I can actually do this. It's going to be tough. 

Blog #001 - Vault Boy
alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By alistercat

So... it's a new year. I don't much believe in New Years resolutions. I did however decide that it would be a good time to challenge myself. My confidence in my design abilities is pathetic at best and I need to be able to generate more pieces. My portfolio is surprisingly empty. I need to do something that gets me feeling creative each day and doing something so that I can improve. I want and need to be better at my 'job'.

For the next year I will be designing one thing every day and writing a blog about it. Not much writing but generally posting the image and then talking a little bit about it. But not here. You guys don't want to have to get a blog from me a day. I will however post here when they are game related such as Day #001, a vault boy poster. First thing that came to mind when I woke up so I went with it. 

I will probably do some more phoenix wright illustrations, as I have already done a few (check my previous blogs for those). Please leave feedback, I enjoy reading it. Let's hope I can actually do this. It's going to be tough. 

Blog #001 - Vault Boy
alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By alistercat
@MrNESS: Thanks. Check out my previous blogs, I did some other illustrations in the same style. I think in any creative field tasking yourself with doing it once every day when you normally wouldn't is good. It's going to be challenging though.
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By iam3green

nice i like it man.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By alistercat
@iam3green: Thanks. :)
alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By alistercat

Oh yeah, and if anyone has ideas for other designs I could do that would be great because I have to, in theory, create a whole years worth of this stuff. At some point I'm going to run out of ideas. Several times I imagine. So feel free to pitch ideas. I can't devote too much time to these though.

fraser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By fraser

That looks awesome. Good luck with your mission! I never have the persistence to carry those things through, but I hope you do!

I look forward to seeing it all!

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By alistercat
@fraser said:
" That looks awesome. Good luck with your mission! I never have the persistence to carry those things through, but I hope you do!  I look forward to seeing it all! "
It's always worth a try. You might surprise yourself. I'm not posting any of it here unless it's game related, but there's a good chance it will be for quite a few days.