What is the recommended free web hosting service these days?

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Devil240Z

I'm not an expert at this stuff but I'm trying to build a website for someone and I need a place to put it online. doesn't have to be too fancy. I just need control over the file structure and stuff. I was going to use Google Sites but it doesn't let you upload any code.

I haven't made a website in years like since geocities was a thing. What do people use now?

JaredA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By JaredA

Go Daddy is the popular choice, I think. I haven't used them personally, but they have commercials with beautiful women in them during the Super Bowl so they must be awesome.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Devil240Z

@JaredA said:

Go Daddy is the popular choice, I think. I haven't used them personally, but they have commercials with beautiful women in them during the Super Bowl so they must be awesome.

yeah its annoying. everything is so riddled with bullshit these days its impossible to find the stuff that just works.

Scrawnto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Scrawnto

@Devil240Z said:

@JaredA said:

yeah its annoying. everything is so riddled with bullshit these days its impossible to find the stuff that just works.

I thought they just registered domains. It's not a web hosting service, as far as I know, so I don't think that's what you're looking for.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Devil240Z

@Scrawnto said:

@Devil240Z said:

@JaredA said:

I thought they just registered domains. It's not a web hosting service, as far as I know, so I don't think that's what you're looking for.

who knows what they do. their commercials sure don't explain it.

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By mandude

I use WestHost, which might be a bit too expensive for what you want. Either way, whatever you pick, google "<webhostingsitename> coupons", and you can net yourself up to 50% off your package.

McPaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By McPaper

@Devil240Z: Github.com

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Devil240Z

@mandude said:

I use WestHost, which might be a bit too expensive for what you want. Either way, whatever you pick, google "<webhostingsitename> coupons", and you can net yourself up to 50% off your package.

man this shit was so much easier when I was in school. unlimited perfect free web hosting.

JaredA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By JaredA
@Devil240Z

@Scrawnto said:

@Devil240Z said:

@JaredA said:

who knows what they do. their commercials sure don't explain it.

I'm pretty sure they do. I was comparing prices for a web site I was working on and that was one of the extra services they provided. Domain registration is there main focus, though.
Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Ravenlight

GoDaddy are a bunch of bastard assholes who don't give a shit about anything but their quarterly profits and hunting big game.

Avatar image for deactivated-5afdd08777389
deactivated-5afdd08777389

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@Scrawnto said:

@Devil240Z said:

@JaredA said:

No, they do hosting as well, but I wouldn't recommend them to anyone. They're a sleazy company with terrible service. Also they supported SOPA. A Small Orange is a great hosting service, but it's not free.

Dogma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By Dogma

I know people using Dreamhost. Nice laid back company but not free. Does it actually exist free hosting services? They must be drenched in ads.

drshilliams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By drshilliams

Another recommendation for A Small Orange here, whilst not free they're still pretty cheap.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Devil240Z

Damn... ok. I guess times have changed.

Silver-Streak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers