It can be from any time

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 75

#2  Edited By fisk0  Moderator

Loudest? Huh, I'm not sure. Maybe Electric Dragon 80.000V? There was some Jean-Luc Godard short film about some town being flooded that randomly cut to really loud music at times too. Can't recall the name of that one though.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By Justin258

Again, Transformers 2, and it's also the worst summer movie I've ever seen in theaters.

theanticitizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The Steven Spielberg War of The Worlds. I literally had to yell at my friend in the theater because it was so loud.

WYZA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Loud as in volume wise or as in batsheet crazy everything going off?

Probably Tansformers : Dark of the Moon. Christ the last 20 minutes of that film were just annoying to watch because of all the clunky metal sounds.

I'd like to add, i hate it when i'm watching a film at the cinema and the film i'm watching is getting all emotionally quiet then... the screening next to me is blasting through the cinema walls. They really need to thicken the walls.

alexpiercey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

The helicopter crash at the end of Skyfall was probably the loudest sound I've heard in a theatre, probably due to it being an IMAX theatre. I thought the walls were going to fall down.

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Weird question. I assume you mean at the cinema because at home it can be as loud as you want it. I don't remember ever leaving a cinema and thinking "man, that was fucking loud" but I do remember that nightclub scene in Black Swan hitting pretty hard.

Chocobodude3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 18

#8  Edited By Chocobodude3
nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

I know there has been a few times where I've thought this is too loud in the theater but I can't think of a single example. Personally my Uncle put in a home theater and was showing it off to my dad and I and turned it up to full blast during the boat battle in Master and Commander (I think that is what it was called, one with Russell Crowe) and that was just too fucking loud, awesome but god damn it was too loud.

CashBailey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The J.J. Abrams STAR TREK was so loud when I saw it I was wincing all the way through.

Especially during that space battle at the beginning with ear-piercing shrieks of lasers tearing through metal.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By TheHT

I saw xXx with Vin Diesel in a theatre that had the volume up too high. IT WAS GREAT.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe Pacific Rim?

irrelevantjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

Again, Transformers 2, and it's also the worst summer movie I've ever seen in theaters.

I agree with this 110%. It was way too damn loud and annoying.

Avatar image for electricboogaloo
ElectricBoogaloo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

User Lists: 6

Collateral had super loud gun shots in the cinema.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@electricboogaloo: <Insert Michael Mann movie here> had super loud gunshots in the cinema.

Avatar image for singingmenstrual
SingingMenstrual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SingingMenstrual

TheMatrix.

DANCE THROUGH THE BITCHES AND

BURRRRN THROUGH THE WITCHES AND

SLAM AT THE BACK OF MUH, DRAGULAAAA

RedRoach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The gunshots in Looper were pretty ridiculous.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#18  Edited By KillEm_Dafoe

I can't remember many specifically, but I remember the first Expendables being really fucking loud. The scene where Terry Crews comes down the tunnel with the shotgun was booming. It was spectacular!

Red_Millennium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pandorum was really weird about being loud. The dialogue was all super quiet so you had to strain to hear any of it but then it would jack the volume way the hell up whenever there was a jump scare or something. It made the whole movie super frustrating to watch and it wasn't great to begin with.

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pandorum was really weird about being loud. The dialogue was all super quiet so you had to strain to hear any of it but then it would jack the volume way the hell up whenever there was a jump scare or something. It made the whole movie super frustrating to watch and it wasn't great to begin with.

That is the exact same situation with the Nicole Kidman horror movie 'The Others' I have to absolutely blast the volume to hear the dialogue but then when the 'spooky' thing happens it's in your face aggressively loud. If you want to mess with the volume of your movie when it's in theaters, go for it, but for god sake when you release it on DVD or BLU-RAY equal out the volume levels, it's ridiculous that if anyone else is home with me I have to wear a pair of headphones to watch a movie so my family doesn't hear RAAAAAHJAHG LOUD CYMBALS CLASHING, HARSH VIOLIN STRINGS BEING PLUCKED RAAAAA. Every time a ghost flutters past the screen.

The sign of a good horror movie should be that you are so drawn into what the characters are doing or saying that when the scary thing happens it shakes you because you genuinely weren't expecting it, not because the director is an audio troll.

SomberOwl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Dark Knight Was pretty loud. I remember hearing it through the walls in the lobby area when it was in theatres.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#22  Edited By TheHT

Also the gunshots in Drive rattled me pretty good. Sharp and loud (and unexpected).

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

If we are talking about volume I always remember Starship Troopers being insanely loud.

But if we are talking about "loud" as in just the sheer amount of noise, I have to say Terminator Salvation was just a wall of noise. The overbearing music and constant clangs and bangs are ridiculous in that movie.

Retromancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Strangers. It would go from being barley audible to so god damn loud you wanted to cover your ears within seconds.

crimsinf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I obviously haven't seen the movie, but the trailer for the upcoming Godzilla was super loud. I wasn't exactly interested in seeing it before, but that aspect of the trailer turned me off even more.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By hatking

Can't think of anything being too loud off the top of my head, though I'm sure there has been cases where the control booth fucked up the volume that way. The times it sticks out is when it's way too quiet. I'd rather wince at explosions than not hear dialogue over the chewing of popcorn. I went to see The Wind Rises (which I ended up, pretty much, hating anyway) and it was absurdly quiet for the first ten-ish minutes. I could actually hear people three rows behind me chewing their fucking candy and slurping their drinks over the volume of the film.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

Godzilla got super loud when that thing roared.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Always think about that one scene from Return of the King where the Ringwraith's dragonthing shrieks as the army of mud-elves or whatever come stomping out from Castle Grayskull.

flasaltine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cloverfield is the one that really stood out to me in the the theater. In the scene where the military comes out of nowhere and surprises them all the sound design was great. It was in full on surround sound mode. I can't think of another movie that has done directional sound that well and that is either the fault of the movies or the theater. I don't know. Also, it was pretty loud.

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'm hoping Godzilla blows my fucking ear-drums out.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

meh, in the past 25 years films get louder and louder. I think Return of the Jedi special edition had a Blown out speaker in the middle of it. I just believe they poorly maintain those speakers and they just sound loud because they are poorly managed.

gatehouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pacific Rim was turned all the way up when I saw it in the cinema. Just added to the brilliant ridiculousness of it all.

Svenzon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

My ears hurt after I saw The Matrix Revolutions in the theatre. I also remember having a terrible headache after Transformers, but I'm not sure if it was the volume or the quality of the movie itself that caused it. Probably both.

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The latest Christopher Nolan films are pretty damn loud. Or maybe I should say they have quite a dynamic range.

beeftothetaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man of Steel. Good lord was it awful

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

Probably Daylight the Stallone movie. Watched it in a theater and that whole tunnel collapsing bit was nearly unbearable.

kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I don't like going to movie theatres to watch movies because sometimes its so fucking loud I can't actually concentrate on the movie, I must have sensitive ears or something because it never seems to bother anyone else.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I remember Pacific Rim being uncomfortably loud at points. I don't go to the movies a lot and that was the last one I saw.