Favorite Movie/TV Site

xpgamer7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

So after Screened Died, I didn't have a great movie site, and explored for a while. After Deadline, Ain't it cool and others I ended up on The A.V. Club as I enjoyed their editorial content and page design. I don't like seeing stuff like Daredevil reviews having the issue of the issues with female portrayal being a constant point(feels like polygon man) but other than some personal opinions being pushed more than I would like; I really love their analysis on what makes different shows and movies good.

What about you guys? What sites do you use and why?

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 20

I think the only answer is the Space Jam site though I've always been partial to the WCW Thunder site on TBS http://cgi.superstation.com/sports/thunder/index.htm

Keep the dream alive TBS that WCW hiatus has to end eventually.

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Slashfilm - even though I mostly just listen to their podcast.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I've never found a Movie/TV site that I particularly like. I might have to start one, but that feels like a dead in the water idea what with how many sites already exist. I don't know that enough people actually want one. Look at how fast screened died.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#5 FinalDasa  Moderator

I go to the AV Club, Deadline, and Variety for my news and articles but nothing really has a community.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#6 fisk0  Moderator

I was a pretty big fan of Sad Geezer and Slice of Sci-fi, but both are pretty much dead at this point.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

TV/Movie websites are kinda scary imo.

I do AV Club, latino-review, screen rant, and a bunch of other big ones listed here.

But you know, I'm always visiting. No where feels like home.

ltsmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By ltsmash

@cornbredx said:

I've never found a Movie/TV site that I particularly like. I might have to start one, but that feels like a dead in the water idea what with how many sites already exist. I don't know that enough people actually want one. Look at how fast screened died.

I've been on the look out for a "Giant Bomb for movies" for years. The closest I've come is a few bad movie podcasts (i.e. podcasts about bad movies not low quality podcasts) and Redlettermedia.

SomberOwl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Avatar image for saturdaynightspecials
SaturdayNightSpecials

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

There are so few good TV sites, it's weird. TVRage has a decent sortable database for shows, but it's very sketch and has no real system for quick and visible user ratings (only text reviews). IMDB has star ratings and a community, but is not a good discovery tool. You also can't be sure that more obscure shows are even listed properly on IMDB, or have accurate episode guides/lists.

If there was a site with a reasonably comprehensive list of series (only original content, no award shows or other fluff specials, no sports shows, no rebranded or dubbed-over versions of the same show), and just the simplest user rating system and search filters, I would use it a lot. It couldn't be impossible to build.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Screenrant isn't so bad, but their comments can be bleh. AV Club is where I go to discuss television, but again some commenters are bleh. I think AV Club is the best of a bad bunch personally. Just avoid the political articles and therefore the politically charged comments (I have never seen a bigger circle jerk before), and you'll do okay.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b031d0e868a5
deactivated-5b031d0e868a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

I hope this doesn't come across the wrong way but I'd love to get Rorie or Alex's input on this topic.

CrimsonAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Screened was the only one I ever liked. Nothing can ever replace it.

iceman228433

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like double tosted. Used to be spill.com

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15  Edited By BabyChooChoo

Youtube for reviews and other fun features (e.g. Screenjunkies' Movie Fights) and Reddit for news. I couldn't find a movie/tv site I really liked and I already visit those sites anyway.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

AV Club for general stuff (and the community... what a lovable bunch of miscreants). There's admittedly a little bit of hipster overtone to AVC, but not nearly as bad as something like Pitchfork.

Bloody Disgusting and Shocktilyoudrop for horror news, as well. Other than that, I get everything from podcasts.

takashichea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I don't really have a site. Don't think I go to another site after Screened. I'm pretty loyal to the sites I join. Only go to other sites to get news but never make a membership over there.