GTxForza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By GTxForza

Dear muscle car fans

A while ago, Chevrolet has confirmed, they're not going to continue the production of this generation of Camaro and they haven't confirmed when they will design the 7th generation model, meanwhile, Ford Mustang already has its 7th generation model but is about to enter the production by late 2023 I guess.

On the other hand, the motorsport versions of this Camaro will be still eligible to participate in various championship series including V8 Supercars/Supercars Championship as long it meets the regulations in terms of specs.

Article link: Confirmed: Chevrolet axes Camaro - Torquecafe.com (speedcafe.com)

Edit: I wonder what's next for Dodge Challenger and Charger as well?

stealydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I've never liked sitting in an irl the Camaro myself (maybe I'm just too short to see out of it properly, but I think the visibility is poor), but this is sad news. There aren't many sports cars left in production, and losing one that's actually affordable is a bummer.

GTxForza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stealydan: Yeah, the same goes for how Dodge retired the Viper after 2017, oh well... we'll see what's next in the performance industry in the next couple of years.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I wonder if they're going to make a related electric model like the Mustang Mach-E instead. Unfortunately sales of the Camaro dropped like a stone as far as I read.

GTxForza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brendan: It would be great if there is an official electric Camaro model in the near future.

Jean1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Camaros are my favorite. Love the red and black ones.

Casse1berry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I believe Dodge announced 2023 is the last year for the Charger and Challenger as we know it. Going electric. I’m not sure if it’s called the Dodge Daytona or the Dodge Challenger/Charger Daytona. You can hear the fake engine noise in this video on their concept car:

https://youtu.be/YIL7rJk3bbM

GTxForza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@casse1berry: The Dodge Charger concept car looks pretty good.

Casse1berry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gtxforza: yeah I think it looks great. I don’t mind the noise either. For safety reasons, I would rather the car make a fake noise then nothing at all.