Matt Rorrie weirdo appreciation thread

tartyron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By tartyron

So, I’ve started threads for staff that had medical issues, and one for Jan as the hardest working man in all entertainment mediums. This time, it’s Rories turn. Who else on the GB staff has been with us this long and yet is still willing to dress in a onesy. NONE OF THE REST, I SAY. ALSO, FIE ON THOSE NOT IN ONESIES BECAUSE FIE IS IS SOMETHING YOU SAY IN ALLCAPS!

Mattew Jeffery Rorie, thank you for being a huge part of Giant Bomb for like a fucking decade. Thank you for Screened back in the day too. Thank you for dressing like a civil war soldier in long johns woken from his tent to fight racists. You have been a great community manager (is that your title?) and great personality on this personality driven website!

tartyron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And forgive me for putting an extra R in your name on the title of this thread. I dunno how to edit a title and I wrote this on a phone.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Finally! A thread where weirdos like us can appreciate normcore icon Matthew Rorie.

I am an unabashed fan of Rorie both as an on screen or on podcast personality and, importantly, a customer service guy. His love of animals and the way he gets into certain games very intensely are both endearing and he brings a very different personality than anyone else who has worked for Giant Bomb. As a personality I think of Rorie as basically the personification of Chaotic Good. He is prone to lots of tangents and going down very specific rabbit holes that interest him, but he always has the very best of intentions and wants everyone, both colleague and audience member, to have a good time. It's a lot of fun.

As a customer service guy he's basically unparalleled. He's responsive, always reasonable, proactive, clearly cares about the customer, and exactly the kind of guy you want directly interfacing with customers because unless the customer is totally unreasonable they will always come away feeling like they were treated fairly by someone who wanted to help them, regardless of whether they got what they wanted.

It's all almost enough to get you to forgive him for the literally hundreds of animals he has eaten with one giant chomp over the years.

Also, and maybe this is opening up old wounds and if so I apologize, I thought he was fantastic after Ryan Davis passed. Great on that podcast, great in the forums, just really really good at helping soothe a wounded community and communicate what an amazing friend Ryan was to him. He's got a heart of gold.

And a belly full of puppy.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I once had a serious issue and wrote in to Rorie and he NEVER replied for which I will NEVER forgive him.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By bigsocrates

@humanity: I don't think he's allowed to give medical advice over the Internet, but I'm sure he was rooting for you to get that fungus cleared up as soon as possible.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By Onemanarmyy

I'm always amazed by how reachable the guy is. The guy basically handles the whole customer support aspect of the site himself, yet still makes time for random chitchat. And he's such an excellent agent of chaos that streams just burst to life when Rorie is on them.

Oh and i think its hilarious u kids talking shit about Rorie. u wouldnt say this shit to his face, he's jacked. Not only that but he wears the freshest clothes, eats at the chillest restaurants and hangs out with the hottest dudes. Y'all are pathetic.

Lab392

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All love and respect to Matt Rorie. His sense of humor is right up my alley. Whenever he's on a video I'm always excited to check it out.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@bigsocrates: There is no need to project your own issues on other site members, let’s all be respectful of each other.

entoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love Rorie's energy, thanks for everything you do!

Junkerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

My only complaint is that he didnt come with the onesie.

LyndBako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rorie on the late-night Extra Life streams with Ben and Jan were some of my favorite GB moments

vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

Matt Rorie is a beautiful soul. His spirit is made entirely of puppies, it's said.

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Drinks too much gin made in his bathtub, but he's a good egg

CrimsonJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I definitely relate to Matt Rorie more than any other duder. I also am a motor mouth, have no shame, and love puppies (though I am not credited on any games as cool as Alpha Protocol).

PeezMachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

The extra r in the thread title is extremely good and on brrrrrrrrrrrrrrand.