Still played by anyone?

jazzyc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I know this is likely to fall on deaf ears (last post here was circa 7 years ago) but does anyone still play?

I've just started back in recent days. Been on and off since launch (thanks to a Lifetime sub). Play on Laurelin as a Hobbit Guardian.

TheRealTurk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was really into it for a while. I likewise had a lifetime sub. Unfortunately, I feel like the state of the game went way down hill at about the point it went FTP and I haven't been back in a long while. They have a tendency to put in a lot of systems that could be really cool, but drop them half-baked and then never put in the effort to actually make them good.

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would probably play if it came to ps4.

Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Hayt

I haven't ever played LOTRO but I was curious so I looked up the website and they might not do any DLC but they do have PLAYS adapted from the Silmarillion and Folk Music Festivals. This is amazing and seems extremely wholesome in a great way. All the content is long conquered so people just make merry in their small towns.

Sarnecki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I enjoy installing this whenever I get a very specific itch of TOLKIEN ass traditional fantasy. It's fun to walk around Middle Earth and learn of all the little towns and just immerse yourself in that world.

jazzyc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hayt: Musical instruments and such things have been in the game since launch. I've been to a couple of recitals and the stuff that people can put out is incredible. One of the periphery systems in the game that really took off.

@therealturk:I know what you mean. I keep hoping they'll do more with fishing and hobbies. I've played this game entirely solo, so have been glad when certain things came to pass that allowed you to solo the group quests in the Epic quest set. Rohan was where I fell off hard for a few years. Mounted combat was (and probably still is) terrible. I only returned when they released a store item that essentially levelled you past Rohan.

There are a ton of systems I don't interact with, or do so purely to see numbers go up (legendary items) but I mostly stick around for the storylines in the quests. We've got through Mordor and now in Dale and Erebor seeing what is happening with the dwarves since the fall of Sauron.

I'm still waiting to see the Scouring of the Shire.