Your personal favorite game from 2010s decade?

GTxForza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By GTxForza

Hello gamers in Giant Bomb Forums

It's about more than a year after the end of 2010s decade, so my personal favorite game is Assetto Corsa Competizione because this offers:

• Hyper-realistic physics for sim racing standards
  • Realistic weather effects and time cycle
  • Well balanced of performance for both classes, GT3 and GT4 respectively
  • Great roster of playable cars and tracks
  • Very good force-feedback racing wheel support ranging from Logitech, Thrustmaster and Fanatec models
  • Good single-player career mode
  • Good championship mode
  • Good multiplayer
  • Good soundtrack
  • Decent livery and racing suit customizations
  • Awesome pitstop animation
  • Good voice acting for announcer and crowds
  • Licensed motorsport series: GT World Challenge
  • Good DLC packs of cars and racing circuits
sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I hate what happened to the franchise, but at the time, Dark Souls absolutely floored me. I played it 6 times back to back to back with different builds everytime

I don't think I could EVER play a Souls game ever again though now, after what's happened to the franchise, and I guess where I'm at in life. I think if Persona 4 didn't exist, it'd probably be my 3rd favourite game of all time

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Fallout 4, with Senran Kagura: Estival Versus being a very close second.

Avatar image for deactivated-63cd8ec76d97f
deactivated-63cd8ec76d97f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

There not my favorite but Spider-Man PS4 and Destiny 2 are games from this era I've put the most time into.

mono-no-aware

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been wanting to try ACC, but I'm afraid it won't be enjoyable to play on a controller. A wheel setup just ain't in my budget.

My game of the 2010's would probably be The Last of Us, for the multiplayer as much as the single-player story.

GTxForza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been wanting to try ACC, but I'm afraid it won't be enjoyable to play on a controller. A wheel setup just ain't in my budget.

My game of the 2010's would probably be The Last of Us, for the multiplayer as much as the single-player story.

I used to play ACC on PC with the controller, it is not very good so I managed to save enough money to buy a racing wheel, then makes it feel so much more playable.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My favourite games of all time came out in the 90's and 00's so i can easily pick there, but my excitement for the 2010's is a lot more spread out.
I mean... The Witcher 3 is insane right? But then... Tekken 7? But also MGS5... I still haven't played Bayonetta 2 because Nintendo, i also love AC: Syndicate, SOMA, Black Ops, so many genres, i cannot.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

It'd be easy to say The Last of Us, but it does have some significant flaws as a game that bugged me most on my first playthrough when I was figuring everything out for the first time yet can still creep up if I get sloppy. Namely, the way they reset the AI if you die during encounters can be really unfair to the player and actually make the whole thing much harder, especially the final combat run.

So I'm gonna let Horizon: Zero Dawn be my favorite game of the decade because, while it had some goofy facial animation issues, some really silly side quests, didn't need to tease a sequel and featured a lot of walking and listening, I've never felt more in sync with a game's combat than I did with Horizon and that goes for a lot. I was terrified of the most simple enemies in the early game and by the end I couldn't wait to stumble on a plateau swamped with alligators, raptors, hawks and a Thunderjaw, or a field with like 15 enemies just roaming around. I lived for that chaos.

One of the few games I've gone through a full New Game Plus with, as well as just a true handful I played and relished on its very highest difficulty. To say I'm excited for Forbidden West would be a massive understatement.

Avatar image for spacemanspiff00
spacemanspiff00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By spacemanspiff00

Probably Bloodborne and Red Dead Redemption 1. Bloodborne was my first real souls experience and I actually hated it at first. But I couldn't stop thinking about it. Eventually I mustered up the courage to return by watching a couple help videos. I found myself utterly delighted by the end. I have replayed it at least 3 times and started multiple other runs. And its 1 of 2 games I've ever bothered to platinum

Red Dead Redemption was another game that I sort of bounced off at first. It just seemed like an empty gta game on a horse with very little going on. Boy oh boy was I wrong. While the gameplay isn't anything to write home about the entire experience as a whole turns into a masterpiece for me. I also think it has one of the best endings in all of gaming. I'm not much for caring about video game stories but damn what a moment. I think what really worked for it as well was that its not overly long. It can be completed, including most sidequests, in like 25-30 hours.

Honorable Mention: Sekiro. Holy shit this game is incredible. I don't think I've ever enjoyed combat in a game as much as some of the encounters in this game. I've also beat it like 3 times. Need 1 more trophy as well.

Kwama57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would say Monster Hunter World while my discord community lasted, mostly until just after Behemoth release then a huge skip until Iceborne came out, but then it wasn't the same... and didn't last long among us survivors. Still good memories and quite a great game; disliked the damage scaling end-game getting 2 shotted despite augmented gear, disliked the tenderizing and most of IB fast jumping monsters in but enjoyed the core thing when staying casual.

GTxForza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By GTxForza
@cikame said:

My favourite games of all time came out in the 90's and 00's so I can easily pick there, but my excitement for the 2010's is a lot more spread out.

I mean... The Witcher 3 is insane right? But then... Tekken 7? But also MGS5... I still haven't played Bayonetta 2 because of Nintendo, I also love AC: Syndicate, SOMA, Black Ops, so many genres, I cannot.

The Witcher 3 is easily one of the best action RPGs of the 2010s and I can tell CD Projekt's games appears to be more advertised and associated on PC.

Here is my guess why Nintendo wanted to pay PlatinumGames to have Astral Chain and Bayonetta 2 & 3 to be only on Nintendo consoles? because to encourage gamers to buy them, meanwhile Astral Chain got acquired by Nintendo in late January 2021.

For me, I personally like to buy consoles and own them as collectible items to show my love and respect for gaming. I do have Astral Chain for Switch but still, I haven't finished it yet even though I had good times with it.

Yosus89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Yosus89

It depends on the day, but it's between Bloodborne Sekiro and Outer Wilds. And those are my favorite games of all time.

cubidog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Almost all of my top 10 games are from the last decade. Halo 3 is the only exception at #2. Minecraft is still my favorite game of all time so that wins. It is both the game I've spent the most time playing and most time watching.

alianger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 25

Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty (PC, 2010), Starcraft II: Legacy of the Void (PC, 2015), Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm (PC, 2013)

Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom (Multi, 2018/PC, 2019)

Sonic Mania (PS4/NS/XBO/PC, 2017)

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (Multi, 2012/PC, 2013)

Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii, 2010)

AM2R/Another Metroid 2 Remake (PC, 2016)(fan game)

VVVVVV (PC, 2010)

Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition (PC, 2016)(originally from 2015)

Darksiders II: Deathinitive Edition (PC, 2015)(originally from 2012)

Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition (PC, 2014)

Freedom Planet (PC, 2014)

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons (PS3, 2013)

Honorable mentions:

Strider (PC, 2014), Hollow Knight (PC, 2017/Multi, 2018), Star Control II: The Ur-Quan Masters (PC, 2011)(fan game), Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap (Multi, 2017)(WB3/Monster World II/Dragon's Curse Remake), Shovel Knight (3DS/Wii U/PC, 2014), Limbo (XB360, 2010/PS3/PC, 2011), Sonic Colors (Wii, 2010), Monument Valley (iOS/AND, 2014), The Walking Dead (PC/PS3/XB360, 2012), Bastion (XB360/PC, 2011), Rayman Origins (PS3, 2011)

Avatar image for willeffinfarrel
willeffinfarrel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ooof man, this is tough, but probably because i cant remember anything. Hm, its probably Nier: Automata? Runners up would probably be Black Ops 1, Risk of Rain 2, and Forza Horizon 4. Maybe throw Enter the Gungeon and EDF5 in there too.

Junkerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

The Metro Games. Those are some damn good games.

infantpipoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 25

Mass Effect 2. Still my favorite interactive Star Wars experience.

Cubecubed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#18  Edited By Cubecubed

Breath of the Wild wins for me, as its my favorite game of all time. Then Mass effect 2, RDR2, What Remains of Edith Finch, and Mario Odyssey.

Tempa777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Gotta ask. What do people like from this Senran Kagura series? I never undestood

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#20 fisk0  Moderator

Purely based on how much time I've spent with it, it would probably be Sid Meier's Civilization VI.

Breath of the Wild is definitely up there too, spent a lot of time with it, but after I fell off, I had little desire to go back and finish it, whereas I keep coming back to Civ VI year after year.

Evochron Legacy is another one I keep coming back to. Despite its obvious limitations as an indie space sim made by one person, it kinda hits all the notes I wish No Man's Sky and Elite Dangerous did, and perfectly managed to handle both offline single player and massive multiplayer servers without compromising on either.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Most of my favorite games came out in the 10s, 2010 inclusive, which makes sense since I didn’t really start playing games until ‘08. Fallout New Vegas, Red Dead Redemption, Skyrim, Crusader Kings II, The Stanley Parable, Assassin’s Creed Odyssey/Origins, GTA V, Prey, Dishonored 2, and undoubtedly plenty more that I’m forgetting are all on the shortlist.

VectortheAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt closely followed by Mass Effect 2. Those are also my two favourite games of all time.

Spliffmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bloodborne without a doubt.

Avatar image for giantbombisdead
giantbombisdead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dark Souls for single player. Dota 2 for multiplayer.

Probably don't have to explain either.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@tempa777 said:
@facelessvixen said:

Gotta ask. What do people like from this Senran Kagura series? I never undestood

I don't know if I'm the wrong person to answer since I needed some convincing in order to be on board with ecchi in my 20's (now 31) since I was kind of a snob towrds it at the time, of if I'm the right person to answer since I value the series for more than it's sex appeal, which is a potential thread/blog that's been formulating for the past few months. But my best guess as to why people more shameless that I like Senran Kagura, to quote Kenichiro Takaki himself: "Tits are life, ass is hometown."

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Colmymeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How has no one mentioned Skyrim yet?

Most hours played by far were Super Mario Maker, Civ VI, Cities Skylines.

But just off the top of my head I'd have to say

Super Mario Galaxy 2

Doom

Red Dead Redemption

Witcher 3

A Link Between Worlds

Hollow Knight

Bayonetta 2

Mass Effect 2

Xcom Enemy Unknown

Bloodstained Ritual of the Night

Papers Please

Ori and the Blind Forest

Dark Souls

Divinity Original Sin II

Dragon's Dogma

And favourite remasters

Wind Waker HD

Burnout Paradise

UranalTruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It felt like around twenty of the best games of all time came out in 2017 and the best game from that year turned out to be the one very few mention which is Gravity Rush 2. That is the best game Sony ever made and possibly ever will make. Although it is tragically the finale to Sony Japan and their support of artier auteur games outside of Kojima, it is a perfectly fitting end.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#29  Edited By Justin258

Huh.

I don't know.

There's a time where I would have told you Skyrim and that's pretty much true. I loved Skyrim, probably my most played game of that decade, maybe beaten out by Minecraft. Is that still true? I don't know.

I love Subnautica - like, the experience of playing Subnautica for the first time was nearly on par with me playing Metroid Prime for the first time and that's saying a lot. Certainly a candidate, but... best? I don't know.

Pillars of Eternity 2 is a game I didn't beat because I got burned out on CRPGs. I got way into them, started a whole bunch of them, kept alternating between them, and eventually just crashed and couldn't play them for a while. That said, I think Pillars 2 is probably my favorite of the ones I played. It's so brilliant in pretty much every way, except for one - its main story acts as if there's some big rush but really you should ignore that and go sailing the high seas in search of treasure and adventure instead.

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night is the best Castlevania game and potentially the second best Metroidvania ever made - apart from, you know, Super Metroid. Hollow Knight can eat its heart out.

I don't think you could possibly make a better linear cinematic shooter than Titanfall 2. For the genre it's in, that game has virtually no flaws. If I were to step back and talk about everything on this list from an "objective" perspective, I think Titanfall 2 might be the best game on here. Unless the first person perspective genuinely makes you uncomfortable, Titanfall 2 is a must-play.

Hey, yo, I don't know if you've heard this but Dark Souls and its direct progeny are kinda all right.

Honestly there's so much I could talk about here over the past decade. For all of its ups and downs and all-arounds, 2010-2019 was kind of an incredible decade for video games. Maybe not quite as weird and creative as the 90's, but certainly better than the 2000's. I haven't even listed all of the games I want to talk about (have you played Dusk yet? Why the fuck not? What about Factorio?). A real tough act for 2020-2029 to follow.

EthanielRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A couple I didn't see listed:

• X-Com: Enemy Within
  • Darksiders

Superharman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 20

Was working on a pretty comprehensive list (top 100) at the end of the decade but decided to shelve it to give it some room but that top 10 was:

1. Dark Souls

2. Outer Wilds

3. Nier Automata

4. Mass Effect 2

5. Super Meat Boy

6. Bloodborne

7. Undertale

8. Zelda: Breath of the Wild

9. Dragon Quest 11

10. Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker

Also, and this is the folly of such lists, I played Resident Evil VII and Prey this year…reciency-bias aside, I’d think at least RE7 would slot into that top 10. I also removed Overwatch because of recent events.

Topcyclist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@facelessvixen: fALL OUT 4, played it a bit back in the day, stopped quickly. Not really cause any glitch or whatever more of a skyrim fantasy man myself, but cause the down right negativity around any issue with the game. Does it get really good? Skyrim when you got into it was magical. hours sweep by.