Will you use GeForce Now?

Casepb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Will you use GeForce Now? (38 votes)

Yes - I have a subscription 21%
No - I have no interest in it 42%
I might use it casually, but never subscribe 37%

Just a simple poll about Geforce Now. I'm curious if anyone will subscribe and use it as a serious gaming service. Either now or possibly in the future.

• 
gkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By gkhan

Until they release Magic the Gathering: Arena on macs (it's on the way, supposedly...) so that I can play it on my lunch-break at work, I'm a dedicated GeForce Now subscriber.

So far, I'm very happy with it. My biggest issue is that it would be nice with 4k streams, but that's a rather minor complaint, honestly.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It seems like the best of the services, in that you can use your Steam saves to continue games while away from your ideal setup and it has the lowest price, but i don't play games on the go and am extremely sensitive to input lag, so i'm pretty much never going to be happy with a streaming service.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ed8339bc12d4
deactivated-5ed8339bc12d4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've found it pretty good so far, here in the UK, but it's best played at like 1-3am when it's quiet. Using the Shield TV to do it (sat right next to my router) and it is a solid gaming experience. Still not quite as good as playing off a hard drive obviously, but way closer than I thought anything could come at this stage. There are decent spells where it's easy to forget.

Playing on the free tier, having to quit and relaunch every hour really isn't a big deal as you get to do it as many times as you like. Also carrying your Steam saves over is really good.

That said, I can see that most of my Steam library will probably never make it across because they're not going to be bothered about old games, and because I'm not super interested in the newest games, I think this might be as good as GeForce Now is ever going to get for me.

Overall, I wouldn't pay for it unless there was a WAY bigger library of older games. I have a PC (which is why I own a bunch of Steam games) and it's nice not to have to take up a ton of hard drive space to play Yakuza Zero or The Witcher 3 for example, but that little convenience is not worth a paid subscription for me.

newhaap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I've been PC gaming for almost 25 years now, and I'm at a point where I'm no longer excited about upgrading my machine, I just find it to be tedious and expensive. That and a good internet connection makes cloud gaming very appealing to me. I was very looking forward to Stadia, but GeForce Now ended up being much closer to what I imagined Stadia would be at launch.

Aaron_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 6

I used the beta for a few years and have been very impressed with the service. The service is useful for me because I own a Mac and not a PC. This allows me to play PC games at the highest quality across the internet on my Mac. I have enjoyed the service and I have Gigabit internet so it generally runs pretty well. I also like that I can access my steam PC games that I already own.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I'm a lot more intrigued by it than I am by Stadia, but it ran like utter trash when I tried it on my connection so it doesn't look like something I'll be using any time soon.