What are you playing on Xbox Series X on launch day?

Peoke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I am curious. Which games are people planning on playing on the Xbox Series X launch day?

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

Probably Gears Tactics and Tetris. I might pick up Yakuza: Like a Dragon or Dirt 5 as well.

Arjailer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Arjailer

I'm planning to just keep playing whatever I'm playing on my One X and just switch over to the Series X.

Though I will definitely also try the Series X enhanced games that are on GamePass (e.g. Gears Tactics and Tetris Effect)

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gears Tactics

navster15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ideally? I’d like to check out the Forza Horizon 4 enhancements and then jump into the new Destiny content. Realistically? All that shit will be downloading in the background while I play Spiritfarer or something.

Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Assassin's Creed Valhalla and Gears Tactics.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arjailer: Probably this.

I was thinking maybe Watch_Dogs Legions but I hated Watch_Dogs and I tried Watch_Dogs 2 recently and while it didn't seem quite as dire as 1 it definitely did not grab me. I also am not in the mood to buy any Ubisoft products, especially at full price. If Assassin's Creed: Valhalla gets great reviews I might consider it despite that, but Assassin's Creed games also tend to launch very buggy.

Maybe I'll get one of the smaller games that will launch alongside it but I think this will likely be the first console launch where I don't buy any new software with it.

eukara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forza Horizon 4, will be my first time playing it.

AtomicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

I'm excited to play Tetris, and I am going to get AC:V, as I really fancy an Assassins Creed game and the setting on this one piques my interest.

On the back compat front, I want to see what Geometry Wars looks like with Auto HDR, I want to see how Forza 7 runs and I want to play Destiny. Playing at 30fps felt rotten in Destiny, so I'm excited for 4k60.

Avatar image for deactivated-6357e03f55494
deactivated-6357e03f55494

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ori 2. Mostly just because I finally got around to playing/finishing the first one a couple months ago.

I don't know why I fell off of it at launch, for some reason j found it too hard(the chase sequences). I think in their definitive edition they changed how saves worked which made it more forgiving.

Arjailer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Arjailer

@bigsocrates: Yeah, I also bounced off WatchDogs 2 when it came out, so not keen to risk Legion.

I do fancy that Immortals Fenyx Rising though, but didn't mention it 'cos it's not a launch game (though only a week or so after) and more importantly, Ubisoft's recent troubles mean I dunno if I'll be happy buying it.

MechaShadow84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I guess I'll get DMC5: Special Edition. This will be the first Xbox console generation without a single first party exclusive (Gears Tactics doesn't count, as it was released on PC months ago) game available at launch. In terms of first party exclusives, this is the weakest Xbox launch ever. I remember back when console launches were exciting. Now it seems like Microsoft is more interested in Game Pass subscriptions than having killer exclusives available at launch.

navster15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mechashadow84: Going by that logic of PC ports invalidating Xbox exclusivity, I’ve got some bad news for you this gen...

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Really looking forward to checking out load times and framerate in Monster Hunter World

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Probably Destiny and Forza Horizon, haha.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arjailer: Fenyx rising is like a month later. It's one I'm also considering but taking a wait and see on.

It's frustrating that Ubisoft has what seems like the largest slate of releases for any of the major third party companies this winter. Not just because of their terrible practices (though that's a big part of it) but also because they're all kind of the same game. I really wish we were getting a Fallen Order or a Control, but the only game that size that seems like it's coming is Cyberpunk, which is only getting 8th gen versions at launch.

cornfed40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Havent had an Xbox since the 360, so im just planning on fishing through Gamepass for titles ive missed over the last 12 or so years

furiousjodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Probably Doom:Eternal - I haven't downloaded it on Game Pass yet.

rockman10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yakuza!

tds418

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Destiny: Beyond Light! It launches the same day, though unfortunately most of the next-gen optimizations won't be made available until December. Otherwise, I will keep playing what I am playing on my One atm (Yakuza and Forza Horizon 4).

MisterFrodo17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Assuming it's not crazy buggy or bad, Assassin's Creed Valhalla. I'm excited for it but I'm waiting to see some reviews before locking in my purchase.

Other than that, Jedi: Fallen Order and Red Dead Redemption 2; I'm currently on second playthroughs of both on the One X, and I'm especially curious to see how the former plays on the Series X. I'm hoping it'll be able to hit a solid 60!

johncallahan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Yakuza is the big one for me. I've been so eagerly awaiting that weird thing. I'll probably grab Dirt 5 too and that'll be my actual purchase purchases (unless the next-gen version of 2K21 is somehow markedly better). But then Tetris and Gears Tactics will probably be my first gamepass games.

brunosalezze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's my first Xbox, and I already have game pass ultimate. I'm interested in the medium, doom eternal, and some others I haven't played on pc yet. Forza horizon 4 is always good to play

Avatar image for perpetual_christopher
Perpetual_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Literally just random 360 games that I never got around to. Excited to see them run on the new hardware.

MechaShadow84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@navster15: I just think it sucks that a console's launch isn't really something special anymore for Microsoft. The PC availability isn't a problem for me. The release timing just really takes the thunder away from the Series X/S launch. I still can't muster excitement for it since no games stand out to me. It's mind boggling to me that Microsoft is honestly banking on Game Pass as some big thing for people to look forward to at the launch of Series X/S. It's great for new fans. I don't know about the hardcore fans, though. Everyone's different, of course.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mechashadow84: I don't think Game Pass is the big selling point, I think faster loading times and improvements are. If you already have an Xbox One then Game Pass won't add anything in terms of games to play, but all games will look and play better on the Series X (and Series S) to some degree.

I think Microsoft is focusing on its strengths as a software/services company rather than a hardware maker. I think they don't really care if people upgrade immediately or later (and they sold out of Series X and Series S consoles anyway) because their focus is getting people to buy Game Pass and get into the ecosystem.

Sony's biggest games are a remake and an offshoot, so it's not like the PS5 is coming out guns blazing. Both of these launches seem weak, though the PS5 is more exciting than the Series X.

tp0p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any games that has a 4k patch on xbox one. I skipped out on the one X because I wanted to save all the lock 4k60/30fps games for this launch. So excited. Cant wait to play titanfall 2 again :)

rawrz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Assassins Creed Vahalla and Gears Tactics until Cyberpunk releases

Bigfun4040

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Finish up the last Control DLC with the faster load times.