Starpoint Gemini 2

bhtav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I thoroughly enjoyed Rebel Galaxy, and have had an itch to head back to space.... I was considering Elite (the commodore original of which I have MANY hours into), but something with a bit more structure sounds good. Starpoint Gemini is a series I have no familiarity with, but is 50% of with Gold this month on Xbox...

What do you think, if I loved Rebel Galaxy, but am not willing to commit to Elite, is Starpoint a happy medium? Is it worth 17 bucks?

ninjalegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Sketchy control feel, weird stutter when entering a new tile, and a generic feel in comparison. What is weird is I still play it. Same happy feeling when upgrading ships and just puttering around choosing sides and whatnot. You can scan crap. That's cool. Weird repair beam. You can send dudes to board ships I think, but I just blows them up. Doesn't have the feel of Galaxy in combat. I got it on sale earlier this year so I don't regret it. You can pull power to engines,weapons, or shields and that is cool. Clunky is how I would describe the feel of targeting and combat.

bhtav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@ninjalegend Hmmmmm Sounds decent for the sale price, except for the wonky flying. The 2D plane that Rebel Galaxy locks you on actually works really well. Thanks duder.