PSA - Playstation Now might be great

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So much like everybody I heard the horror stories of PS now when it was rolled out years ago. I haven't looked at it since then..... until now. And it might be amazing. I just started the free trial and there are so many games of all variety.

If anybody like myself has kids, this is a sure hit. Lego games, sonic games, kids games galore. Plenty to keep the young ones entertained. And plenty I'm interested in also. If somebody like this had been around when I was a kid I'd have been in heaven.

So yeah, just a heads up for anybody who like me hadent thought much about the service since years ago. Take a look, it may be worth your money.

navster15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is also great advice for folks without PS4s! Streaming to my PC was quite good and a perfectly viable way to play PS4 exclusives without the box.

Avatar image for deactivated-6357e03f55494
deactivated-6357e03f55494

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can you download the games yet?

That was always my main hangup with it.

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Brad3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reap3r160: You can download all the PS4 games but PS3 games are still streaming only.

Brad3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, people talk shit about PSNow in comparison to Gamepass but most months Now is a much better deal. There are literally 6x more games available at the same price. There’s somewhere around 250-300 downloadable PS4 games and 400 or so PS3 games to stream. And they’ve all been streamable on a PC years before Xcloud.

Granted, there aren’t any day & date new releases but frankly I’ve been disappointed by almost all the first party exclusives I’ve received through GamePass. When it comes to breadth and depth PSNow beats GamePass hands down - it only lacks in freshness. Unfortunately, since I make enough money to play the stuff I want when it comes out, I don’t get a lot of use from Now. And I do keep GamePass because that newness does entice me enough to keep going every month. But for most consumers who don’t have libraries of PS4 games in the high hundreds, there’s a way better deal to be had with Now.

Avatar image for deactivated-6357e03f55494
deactivated-6357e03f55494

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice, I might check it out. I buy most games I'm interested in, but might be nice to checkout some missed games.

PurpleUrkel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have had quite the opposite experience with PSNow. I find the catalogue to be lacking immensely and I have experienced some unbearable stream quality as it pertains to video lag, input lag, and audio issues. Not to mention that you’re still constrained by the ps3-era load times. I unfortunately could not make this recommendation to someone.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stadia is running great on my connection. Last time I tried PSNow a few months ago, it was trash. I hope that changes, but i doubt it will anytime soon for me.

AV_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 13

Can you download the games yet?

That was always my main hangup with it.

I had PS Now in the past and recently renewed my membership during a sale. It really depends on the game itself. Most PS4 games you can download. But you can only download some PS2 and PS3 games.

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@av_gamer: Any game that has a version running on PS4 should have a download option, but any PS3 and PS2 games that are still running on PS3 will be streaming only.

imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

PS Now would be great if it was something I could actually access in my country. At this point it seems unlikely that Sony's going to expand their data centers to other parts of the world any time soon.

noboners

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do you have any data caps on your internet? I'm curious about how much data it uses, especially after I did the trial of Google Stadia and used up 40% of my cap in 5 days.

Granted Stadia was 4k and correct me if I'm wrong but ps now is 1080?

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Nope it’s still bad. The deals are terrible and the service is never properly maintained.

Game pass remains superior.