Podcast Episode Request

N7_JT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So this is a very random and vague request, but I remember this conversation from a few years ago and I'd love to go back and listen to it. It was Gerstmann and someone else (I want to say maybe Vinny or a guest?) And they are talking about a game where a player gets lost or maybe loses a friend in the woods? And Gerstmann talks very honestly about how he is having trouble finishing the game and not sure he can. And whoever he is talking with says something about how maybe that's the message the game is trying to send is how hard loss is. I feel like this was more of a one on one discussion and don't think it was part of a bombcast, but I honestly can't remember. I also want to say this was probably 3 or 4 years ago.

Sorry know that was very vague and random, but any help would be appreciated!

regmcfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

Was this bot when he talked about losing his "buddy" in Journey?

WulfBane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Sounds to me from when he was playing Journey and they got to the 3rd chapter where you go surfing down sand dunes and in the process, Jeff lost contact with the random player he was paired with. After chirping a few times, he lost a lot of motivation to continue (especially because of what the next part of that game has you going through)

03-13-2012 (giantbomb.com)

And it was 10 year ago! Crazy how time works. (I would have guessed 5-8 max)

N7_JT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Holy cow! I didn't realize it was that long ago! Thank yous, I'll give that a listen tonight to see if that is the episode.

N7_JT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Finally got some time to listen to the episode, but nope that wasn't the one. It wasn't a coop thing where the other guy left. It was a character in the story went away. The way I remember it, the story itself was hitting to hard or close to home for him.