OLED screen issue

brutushayesosu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

No Caption Provided

These dots have developed on my LG OLED screen. The biggest about the size of green pea. Anyone know what the deal is here? Dead pixels or some other forms of oled defect. I have geek squad protection until 2019 and will give them a call after Xmas. I just haven't been able to find similar instances online anywhere. Thanks

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Call up geek squad when my tv's back light went out i just sent them a picture and they diagnosed it was faulty and gave me a gift card and i got a newer tv within a week.

Also my guess is dead pixels, Oleds are a bit different so i haven't actually seen a faulty one before.

Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Seikenfreak

Weird. Those splotches must be like a burnt out section of the board or something.. however OLEDs work lol I assume it's just magic because they look so. damn. good. The little dead pixels is what I would expect it to look like. Did someone squeeze that part of the screen with their fingers when it was being set up maybe?

My LG EF9500 is still doing good. I've actually had it on a lot lately.. Like 16 hours a day, every day, running 4K HDR out of the Pro via GT Sport for a couple weeks now?

Was curious and checked the power on time: 2694 hours. I thiiiink I got it year or year and a half ago?

brutushayesosu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@seikenfreak: No one pressed on it, though it is in the shape of a finger. It just showed up one day. I thought it was a bug or something just hanging out. I might run out to Best Buy later and show them the pic and see what they'll do. I bought this TV after my Sony 55xbr850c had the main board die. Not having good luck with Tv's lately

OtterChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Have you tried using the Clear Panel Noise feature in the menus? I have an LG OLED on the way so was reading about burn in. Your issue doesn't appear to be burn in but I figure it couldn't hurt to give this setting a try. According to what I've read it should be under the Picture Mode settings in the menu. Good luck!

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#6  Edited By monkeyking1969

Regardless of how I would call the store for a refund or exchange. It looks less like fingers than drip/drop on one of the sandwiches layers of material during production. Drips of what I could not say, but a drip of glue, to solvent, to whatever might cause one of the layers to malfunction.