No youre an invalid forum titled entered. Sofa Talk.

Olli43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Olli43

Ok so if you don’t know, GBw is moving floors and getting a new studio (Jeff seemed pretty hyped) and I just wanted to throw an idea for the studio as if its like at all up for discussion. Maybe it’s not, but maybe way in on this if your oddly passionate about this to.

For context, I’ve been around since the time brad was there on that launch stream for the wii (gamespot) and I used to listen to the hotspot on an OG iPod. I love the crew, the community and I wondered if an old timer fan’s opinion might give the guys an insight about what I like about the show, content etc. For me, it’s the sofa. Well kind of.

For me, the appeal of giant bomb is the high production quality, laid back relaxed format and the relatable people that are actually a talented analytical and entertaining journalist. Oh and not forgetting the heaps of people that make GB happen.

For me, the sofa was like the thing. It set the stage (sorry) for the vibe of the show. It’s like, ‘hey, we enjoy video games, but we’re not going to present this in a formal ‘news like’ way nor are we going to act like children and overreact for better watch time on YouTube. For me as an adult, this place, these people, I could just listen to and hang out with all day. So here’s my thing, the sofa gives the come chill and hang out with like minded folks and I miss it.

Don’t get me wrong, the way things are, it’s fine, the shows still great without a sofa, but with it, ahh thats some good GB and chill time. Also (just wanted to say) the way the guys handled the show from home has been great and I want to give a nod in appreciation to all the content.

That’s all I guess. Thanks for reading.

(I wrote this and didn’t end up having a place for it in my post)

I love the sofa setup; it works great for GB. I love the fact they used to drag that poor annoying too small of a sofa all the way to E3. It made the late shows great(better).

TLDR- Jeff, I heard you guys are getting a new studio, please get a sofa again. Please let us virtually sit in the GB living room with you all to hang out and chat about video games.

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By sombre

These sorts of threads are so weird

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sombre said:

I get really creeped out by it

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

@splodge said:
@sombre said:

Yeah this is spooky.

AndersWarming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So.. you guys' response to something you think is weird is.. this. Great.

For what it's worth, I think Jeff already talked about a new sofa-desk-combo in a recent Giantbomb post-show.

tdous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@geirr said:

@splodge said:
@sombre said:

Yeah this is spooky.

Sure, he could have just said "I preferred the vibe when you had a sofa" but not sure what the big deal is.

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@tdous said:

@geirr said:

@splodge said:
@sombre said:

Yeah this is spooky.

Sure, he could have just said "I preferred the vibe when you had a sofa" but not sure what the big deal is.

It's like when people ask what chair a GB staff member has just bought, so they can buy it themselves. It's just strange is all

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Sofa vibe was cool when it was two people on each end. Three people always seemed cramped.

Desk vibe seems easier to setup with more people.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

I liked the couch vibe, at least in the sense that it's the natural environment for playing console games. But if the staff found it uncomfortable to be sitting on one for hours and hours per week, or it just wasn't conducive to their studio setup and number of on-camera staff/guests, so be it. I think having a giant news anchor/sports broadcaster desk looks kinda weird when they're just leaning onto it while holding a controller, but whatever, they're the ones that need a studio setup that works for their needs.

Overall I just don't have a strong feeling about it either way.

shiftygism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bring back the sofa and the old bomb logo while you're at it!

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sofa was better but the desk is fine too.

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know why they don't do beds only. Seems way more convenient and comfy.

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 2

They should have a indoor sandbox encompassing a playground structure complete with swing set, multiple slides, monkey bars, and bubble windows.

Also a trampoline, hammocks, bean bags, an inflatable pool with an inflatable alligator pool float, lots of other inflatable and see-thru furniture, and those boots with the hooks on the bottom so you can hang upside down from the uneven bars.

I'm not sure where the ball pit goes, but there should be a net above it with diving platforms. There should also be a treasure chest, an animatronic bomb, vending machines, and a Dairy Queen.

Bdet85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm really curious about when or if UPF will return I know that they tried to figure out a way to do it with the current at home set up but decided not to but I hope that they do whatever they get to their new studio it was my favorite premium show especially the business Dave top 10

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Way too much old thinking here.

Stick the entire crew in sensory deprivation tanks with full VR rigs and create whatever "studio" the audience wants digitally. Maybe even multiple channels with differing decor. You like the couch? Fine, just watch the couch feed.

insomniak08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did you really just suggest that you liked something from a previous Giant Bomb studio setup, during a time when the crew is moving offices and setting up a new studio? WHAT A FUCKING WEIRDO!!!!!!!!!

Olli43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did you really just suggest that you liked something from a previous Giant Bomb studio setup, during a time when the crew is moving offices and setting up a new studio? WHAT A FUCKING WEIRDO!!!!!!!!!

I know right. lol.

@hamst3r said:

They should have a indoor sandbox encompassing a playground structure complete with swing set, multiple slides, monkey bars, and bubble windows.

Also a trampoline, hammocks, bean bags, an inflatable pool with an inflatable alligator pool float, lots of other inflatable and see-thru furniture, and those boots with the hooks on the bottom so you can hang upside down from the uneven bars.

I'm not sure where the ball pit goes, but there should be a net above it with diving platforms. There should also be a treasure chest, an animatronic bomb, vending machines, and a Dairy Queen.

Now I appreciate the imagination here. More of this please.

Sofa was better but the desk is fine too.

Honestly this should have been the TLDR.

Sofa vibe was cool when it was two people on each end. Three people always seemed cramped.

Desk vibe seems easier to setup with more people.

Yeah actually, you're probably right.

I don't know why they don't do beds only. Seems way more convenient and comfy.

A new meaning to the 'GiantBomb @ Nite' series.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hamst3r said:

Party like the dot-com bubble will never burst.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, just thinking about it. It would be pretty hard to social distance on the sofa, so I doubt that will ever happen again.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

htr10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The initial reaction to this thread was as if the OP had said: “what I really like is when Jeff lets me take his skin and wear it on my face and walk around his house”.

Sulcath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I enjoy couch vibes. I'm nostalgic for them. I'm excited to see where budget, creativity, function, and a return to a shared studio looks like at GB. The site has been a welcome support during this wild year.

NateArcade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Desks are way too professional. UPF-style shows are all about the couch!

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Once they get used to the new office, I'm sure the couch will follow. (crap, that joke doesn't work when they're actually moving again)