Avatar image for senorsucks2suck
senorsucks2suck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By senorsucks2suck

I think the marquee feature (issue) with this generation is lack of care at release. As much as we used to hate season passes from companies like Ubisoft it was literally the only guarantee that games we may potentially love would receive any post-natal care. Gears 5 just got Batista and I think Microsoft is making Gamepass the first opportunity for single player content (Yes i know it has multiplayer) to embrace the single player games as a service path. Since games are now introducting ray tracing at no cost like Metro Exodus (not looking at you DMC 5, or am I?) could Gamepass be the means by which game companies stay engaged with their games and reintroduce their games into the service (and public consciousness) every time something new is delivered. Are game developers as tired of multiplayer as I am? Isn't the bombcast tired of chasing the dragon like the worst of heroin addicts?

I'm sure the employees that develop multiplayer content have bigger dreams than skins and map revisions ad infinitum. Working on Titanfall 2 content is probably grounds for termination.
I'm sure the employees that develop multiplayer content have bigger dreams than skins and map revisions ad infinitum. Working on Titanfall 2 content is probably grounds for termination.

When Hitman 1 was released it was a broken mess of piecemeal downloads, random free episode that just so happen to not be the one you queued for download, games with gold, and a final release that was just a billion downloads. That game is a nightmare to manage the downloads for. Hopefully Hitman 3 is complete, with no episodes, or I'm not touching it. Or the first episode launches into Gamepass and Playstation players can deal with that nightmare.

This is the opposite of episodic content. This is brand and fan/customer care. Give me this in games. That is what gamepass offers potential for. The beginning of the single player games as a service (not episodic) era. Let's go!
This is the opposite of episodic content. This is brand and fan/customer care. Give me this in games. That is what gamepass offers potential for. The beginning of the single player games as a service (not episodic) era. Let's go!

Miles Morales might have been, could have been, should have been FREE.
Miles Morales might have been, could have been, should have been FREE.

The point is we have seen new business models introduced throughout the generations and hopefully gamepass gives us the single player games as a service. Take the persistance of Rainbow 6 and the fluid nature of Fortnite and put in my single player and I might be a member for life. Series-S and Series-X are Microsoft telling developers 'Conduct your business here will you build your pedigree.' The low power (or binding) of the Series-S is like your calculus class not allowing calculators on exams, its actually making you better at math (in this case game development). No exclusives? Ha, I'm exclusively playing on Xbox.

quasiconundrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By quasiconundrum

So...you're saying Game Pass is good? I agree.

Beyond that, are you just saying you don't want more episodic content? I'm having a hard time parsing what your point is.

Haz_Kaj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gameslass is GOAT. DqXI and all yamuza games coming soon. Can't wait.

DARKSOULS1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gamepass is very good. Just downloaded Control, so excited. Jeff liked a modern game! So i should also like it!