Is the PS5 controller worth it for PC?

jetmet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I was curious to ask if any of the controller features on games that are on both pc and ps5 work on pc. if not is the ps5 controller good enough to still use?

I feel like the xbox controllers arent sturdy cause the charging port always breaks on me cause I only connect through the usb. thanks for any insight!

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

From what I've read up on, it's basically like using a DualShock 4 on PC. It'll work just fine on Steam, but it's a maybe for other launchers, and haptic feedback is still a wait-and-see for newer and upcoming games.

deadeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't say it's worth it if you're just buying the controller for PC.

If you had a PS5 already then it's worth a shot.

But it's a bit of a pain in the ass to get working correctly and there are games that will let you use it but insist on showing Xbox buttons. There is software out there that can let you mess around with the adaptive trigger stuff but it's a set it and leave it thing, not like actually used in the games.

bizarrohash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Series X controller uses USB C, so they both have the same connection. I think Xbox controller feels great to hold, and has what’s probably my favorite d-pad since the SNES.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Before you considering buying Dualsense (PS5 gamepad), I'd recommend waiting till late 2021.

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got one for the PC because I just wanted a Playstation vibe while playing on a PC. It's fine, feels nice, and functions like a regular controller, so the haptic feedback stuff isn't supported yet by community software, but I bet it'll get there. But if you got some money lying around and you just like the Playstation controller, go for it.

Haz_Kaj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Waste of money when you can't use haptic feedback.

apewins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can anyone tell me if the D-pad specifically is better, worse or equal than the sublime pad on the DS4? That's very important as someone who plays a lot of retro games, I'm thinking if I should stock up on a lifetime supply of DS4's while they're still available.

mikewhy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@apewins: It seems worse, but I'm not a heavy d-pad user anyways. I picked one up last holiday season and ennnnhhhhhh. It's comfy, and works like a PS4 controller on PC: headphone jack, microphone, those all work. Steam will get the rumble working. The price tag in Canada tho, woof. You're paying for a lot of features that nothing uses (yet?)

emeraldnext

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You can get haptic feedback working with it by routing audio through it like an audio device, but it's a crude / functional solution! I'm tempted to get it just to see how it feels with music.

apewins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mikewhy: Thanks a lot for the response. Turns out DS4's are already out of stock on most retailers, especially if you want something other than black. I wonder if that's another case of electronics having supply problems globally or retailers no longer stocking them in favor of the DualSense. Anyway I just ordered 3 where I could find them, that's on top of the one I currently have whose triggers are getting loose-y. Maybe I'm overreacting but the controller is just that good.

strijd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I use one now to replace my Xbox elite controller because it’s bumper buttons broke and became useless.

I enjoy it, it’s a big step up from the DualShock 4, which I found rather uncomfortable to use. It feels less cheap too.

Works great with Bluetooth or usb-c cable. All games on steam will work immediately. You’ll need to run ds4windows to play anything on the windows store or any other launcher. Other than that there are no downside’s imo. I don’t care about no support for haptic feedback, that just kills the battery after 2 hours of use.

Avatar image for deactivated-6357e03f55494
deactivated-6357e03f55494

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends on if you play the games that support the features.

They're slowly starting to become more standard. The ones I know off the top of my head that support it are: Metro Exodus, Deathloop, Far Cry 6, and Call of Duty.

There could be others, but it IS hit and miss for now. I would imagine it'll be more standard down the road. The good news is I don't think there are any games that are on PS5/PC that support Dualsense on one and NOT the other, if Dualsense is natively supported in game, ie not through Steam.

bombg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By bombg

I got one for the PC because I just wanted a Playstation Cards vibe while playing on a PC. It's fine, feels nice, and functions like a regular controller, so the haptic feedback stuff isn't supported yet by community software, but I bet it'll get there. But if you got some money lying around and you just like the Playstation controller, go for it.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Whatever you have on hand is fine, if you have nothing most people opt for the Series X controller. Either systems latest controller will work just fine. In the past questions like this mattered more, but Windows 10 has a perfectly serviceable calibration too to make nearly any joypad from the last 10 years work.

bombg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You can get haptic feedback working with it by routing audio through it like an audio device, but it's a crude / functional solution! I'm tempted to get it just to see how it feels with music.

sounds interesting... could you point me to a site with tutorials on how to do that. The truth is that I'm a complete nerd for these things XD

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got one for the PC because I just wanted a Playstation vibe while playing on a PC. It's fine, feels nice, and functions like a regular controller, so the haptic feedback stuff isn't supported yet by community software, but I bet it'll get there. But if you got some money lying around and you just like the Playstation controller, go for it.

@bombg said:

Is this a bug, or did this person straight copy and paste my comment from the past?