I need a radio in Starfield or I am going to go (Space) Crazy

mrangryface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Seriously, walking to places on a planet is the dullest experience ever. Heck id even be ok with them bringing the fallout stations over.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By cikame
bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 bigsocrates  Online

@mrangryface: Can't you just put on music or a podcast outside the game while you play? I do that with a lot of games.

ALLTheDinos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I’ve been listening to podcasts whenever I’m doing things that don’t involve lots of dialogue. That’s never been a knock on a game for me (Elden Ring was my GOTY last year and my favorite podcast game too), and it helps me kill two birds during my limited game time. The current season of Friends at the Table has been a great companion piece, although I’ve reached the most recent episode and am very scared of how that’s going to go.

Kind of surprised they’ve not launched a feature that lets you plug in your own music / podcasts but I’m sure liability and licensing fees are much more complicated than it seems from the outside. Hell, at this point I kind of wonder how a Fallout game licenses its songs with how much the music industry has changed in 8 years.

TheRealTurk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TheRealTurk

Anything but radio stations. I never had them on in the Fallouts because they were always one of the most obnoxious parts of the soundscape in those games.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 bigsocrates  Online

@allthedinos: The OG Xbox had native ability to replace game music with your own (that developers had to turn on) and it was great! The music would fade and pause in appropriate moments and you could replace a lot of games' soundtracks. My guess is that the reason they don't do this anymore is because music is streamed (instead of ripped from CDs to the HD) and you'd have to pay licensing deals to various streaming services and update the game to work with their protocols. It would be kind of a pain.

Of course there WOULD be a perfect solution IF YOU'D BOUGHT A DAMNED ZUNE SO MICROSOFT HAD ITS OWN MUSIC SERVICE!

YOU SEE WHAT NOT BUYING A ZUNE HAS DONE? DO YOU SEE?

AV_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 13

I started listening to podcast while playing. The sound design is fine, but yeah, I'm spoiled from those Fallout games and those classics songs on the radio.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

XBox doesn’t have the same Spotify integration PlayStation does? It’s not always ideal, as some games fully mute their soundtracks rather than allow you to render them subtle beds for your chats of choice while a select few (Death Stranding most explicitly) disallow playback entirely “for the experience” but I am or would be surprised to learn XBox doesn’t have the same kind of function

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 bigsocrates  Online

@nodima: Xbox does have background music integration like PlayStation I think, it’s just kind of messy and of course you need the appropriate account/sub. Spotify is one of the options.

mrangryface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Yeah i've been listening to podcasts - but maybe per the link the rebel galaxy soundtrack above i need to spotify some thematically appropriate stuff

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

@bigsocrates: I saw a guy with a Zune logo t-shirt yesterday and I wanted to shake his hand and thank him for his service.

On topic, I’ve definitely been using my space exploration time to catch up on podcasts and it’s been a pretty good time!

Lab392

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spent some time off over the summer playing No Man's Sky and listening to George Clanton/other electronic vaporwavy stuff with the PS5's Spotify app. It's a great feature for certain games.

ElectricViking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

@bigsocrates: I held one of my old Zunes a few weeks ago. That platform was amazing. I used to squirt Katamari Damacy tracks back and forth with my roommate, who was also among the Zune faithful. I used the desktop Zune app as my main music player for years longer than anybody else on earth, until I was forced to migrate to Groove, which is also now dead.

Zune was great.