How often do you keep up with downloading the free games offered from a service you have?

Topcyclist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll How often do you keep up with downloading the free games offered from a service you have? (32 votes)

Almost every time they offer 59%
I try but miss alot due to being busy or forgetting 25%
I rarely try and focus only on big free games 6%
I don't try because I didnt buy the service for free stuff and buy games I want (Free games never appeal to me) 0%
I never do (but still keep a sub) 0%
I do only if i see an article that reminds me or try out a weird indie but don't for the most part 9%
None of the above 0%

This is for Prime free games, xbox, psplus, nintendo, apple, etc.

Only for people who own the service, not people who don't own the service and want to answer how much they don't want it, etc.

You'd be surprised how often that is a response to questions about free games.

PS: I'm aware the games aren't free…even epic where I just sign up and get them, I'm aware that I'm giving my info away which holds value and isn't free, just assume you're paying for the service already, and it's a bonus.

• 
DrSunchips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll check the new gamepass stuff about once a week or if I hear of something in particular.

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i was keeping up with epic, but that fell off when i signed up for the mid-tier of PS+. but i'm pretty routine at collecting those each month.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3 ll_Exile_ll  Online

The wording of this question doesn't really make sense for gamepass or the higher tier PS+ options because those services have hundreds of games on them, you aren't meant to "keep up" any more than you're meant to watch everything on the entirety of Netflix.

As for my utilization of gamepass, I played like 20 games on it this past year. Many of them were new 2022 releases, with about half of the total 2022 releases I played this year being from gamepass. In many cases I would have bought the game anyway if gamepass didn't exist. I got far more than the value of the $120 I spent in monthly subscriptions to PC gamepass this year.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends on the games. I get the occasional one from Epic and most of the PS Plus ones.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I used to get everything, but now limit myself to games I might conceivably play at some point. Which is still quite a bit.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I have redeemed every single free game from Epic since they first started offering them. I have a notification on my phone so I can just login on mobile and claim whatever is free that week which takes less than 5 minutes. I have played almost none of them.

Topcyclist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ll_exile_ll: I never meant gamepass. Funny thing, I was going to go into detail, but those usually get labeled in people's minds...TLDR and passed. So i try to make questions short, but I am not a native speaker so i tend to over explain.

But yeah, I wasn't including stuff like all included streaming or whatever, I get 100 games. I meant free games you download and keep, overlooking maybe the fact you don't keep psplus games, I'll still count that type of stuff. Stream or services where the games go away...nope.

So epic games, free steam giveaways, etc. hope this helps.

tartyron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Almost everything on my epic game store account other than Control and Red Dead Redemption 2 (I forget why I bought those there instead of steam) is a free game, and I have like 300. Most of it is stuff I either played and beat elsewhere, or would never touch, but I figure if Epic wants to to have it, I’ll take it.

theonewhoplays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By theonewhoplays

I claim my PS+ games but only download if I'm interested. Have never touched Epic game store and still have plenty of games to play.

eccentrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 15

I make sure to get the monthly PS+ games and try to figure out where all the free things that I want are in that Twitch Prime menu, but I've rarely ever touched free Epic games. There are a lot of free GOG games now too, but I haven't gotten any of those. I have enough games at this point that I don't really care about free ones on services I don't use.