Hello GiantBomb Community, I'm (Kinda) New Here...

KingdomCome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By KingdomCome

Hey fellow gamers, my names James, I'm 18 and am currently studying Advertising at University, I'm an avid gamer, with my favourite franchise being Gears of War (Of which I've been playing since the release date of the original), Music Fanatic, with my favourite Band being Muse (and having seen them Live multiple times, the best of which being Wembley Stadium in 2010 and Leeds Festival last year), Comic reader and film lover.

I've been a visitor of this site for many years, but have only just now found myself creating a forum account, having previously often commented on N4G, however, due to its deep infestation of Sony Worshipers, I no longer care for the discussions to be had on its site. Despite my preference of my Xbox 360, I'm a Multi-Platform owner and love to discuss all game related news.

I thought I'd just be one of the many to begin a thread as a means of introducing myself to the community. Looking forward to talking games and other topics...

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Sackmanjones

Welcome duder! I'm blown away you actually made a meaningful "new here" topic thats more than one line. Congratulations, you have my vote

mtcantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By mtcantor

@KingdomCome said:

Hey fellow gamers, my names James, I'm 18 and am currently studying Advertising at University, I'm an avid gamer, with my favourite franchise being Gears of War (Of which I've been playing since the release date of the original), Music Fanatic, with my favourite Band being Muse (and having seen them Live multiple times), Comic reader and film lover.

I've been a visitor of this site for many years, but have only just now found myself creating a forum account, having previously often commented on N4G, however, due to its deep infestation of Sony Worshipers, I no longer care for the discussions to be had on its site. Despite my preference of my Xbox 360, I'm a Multi-Platform owner and love to discuss all game related news.

I thought I'd just be one of the many to begin a thread as a means of introducing myself to the community. Looking forward to talking games and other topics...

Hi James. Welcome to the community. Always happy to see fresh faces around here.

Where are you from? Just guessing, but by the way you said "studying Advertising at University," I'm going to assume you aren't from the US.

Avatar image for deactivated-589cf9e3c287e
deactivated-589cf9e3c287e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 4

@KingdomCome: Hey, duder, come in and stay awhile.

@mtcantor: I'm pretty sure Leeds is in the UK. Wembeley stadium is definitely in the UK.

supamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By supamon

Welcome! A pretty good introduction I've seen in a long while. Do keep in mind you're limited to 5 posts per day till you reach 25 posts.

Ace829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By Ace829

@KingdomCome: Do you know exactly why the Sony Defense Force makes their home base at N4G? I never really understood that phenomenon.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Cloudenvy

Hello and welcome!

mtcantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By mtcantor

@c0l0nelp0c0rn1 said:

@KingdomCome: Hey, duder, come in and stay awhile.

@mtcantor: I'm pretty sure Leeds is in the UK. Wembeley stadium is definitely in the UK.

Didn't see that. My father is from Leeds.

KingdomCome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By KingdomCome

@supamon said:

Welcome! A pretty good introduction I've seen in a long while. Do keep in mind you're limited to 5 posts per day till you reach 25 posts.

Thanks for the heads up, I wasn't particularly aware of that.

To answer the question of where I'm from, its the UK.

Thanks for the warm reception, if the remainder of the community is this mature and welcoming, its gonna be great.

Fallout, Elder Scrolls and S.T.A.L.K.E.R are some of my favourite franchises, so theres no worries of me belittling their name...

ABK_92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ABK_92

Can you show me your nipples pls.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

Welcome, you've stumbled on to Giantbomb.com. In case you're wondering

You're one of us now, and you can never ever leave!

Welcome to the site duder, you're cool in my books so long as you don't bash Fallout, Elder Scrolls and Stalker. Have fun.

FritzDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By FritzDude

Greetings and welcome to this insani societas. Make sure you see the Persona Endurance Run, if you haven't seen it already. It's fantasic.

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SexyToad

Hello and Welocme! I am SexyToad the sexiest.

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By geirr

Welcome, duder! I'm from Norway myself and married to a girl that beats me...in video games. Although she does feel terrible after wards. In which case it's good to have a sweet snack around to turn a frown upside down.

Uh, anyway.. I used to help defend sony at some point, but I turned 30 not too many years ago and found out I shouldn't do that anymore. Now I only defend the C64 - though it hardly needs any help doing that.

I hope you have a great experience here!

Aronman789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By Aronman789

Oh man, a "new here" thread with actual information in it, is this a sign of the end times?

Anyway, welcome! Most people here are cool, so you shouldn't have any problems running into fanboys or anything, though I recommend you do what I do and ignore anyone using the default avatar.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By fattony12000

"Hey fellow gamers, my names James, I'm 18 and am currently studying Advertising at University"

No Caption Provided

Hmm...

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#17  Edited By MocBucket62

Welcome James Hope you enjoy the game discussions here in this site! The community is pretty cool and the content here at GB is great! If you haven't yet, go check out quick looks of Motion Sports, DC Universe Online, Mortal Kombat (2011), and Skyrim. Great comedy and game coverage to be had in those videos if you're in a mood for a good laugh. Oh and be sure to look at the Dead Island TNT, or Thrusday Night Throwdown! Its freaking awesome!

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18  Edited By falserelic

Hey sup new guy....

rpgee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By rpgee

Welcome, welcome. Congratulations on being one of the select few who create an "I'm new here" topic without making it terrible and only a couple of lines. If you like elaborate photoshop threads, Persona anything, Xtreme Girl Advice and discussion of the important things in life like bat vs knife, then you'll fit right in here.

Always nice to make a good first impression. Well done.
Always nice to make a good first impression. Well done.
KingdomCome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By KingdomCome

@MocBucket62 said:

Welcome James Hope you enjoy the game discussions here in this site! The community is pretty cool and the content here at GB is great! If you haven't yet, go check out quick looks of Motion Sports, DC Universe Online, Mortal Kombat (2011), and Skyrim. Great comedy and game coverage to be had in those videos if you're in a mood for a good laugh. Oh and be sure to look at the Dead Island TNT, or Thrusday Night Throwdown! Its freaking awesome!

I've already seen them, I've been visiting the site (particularly for the Quicklooks) for years now, regardless, thanks for the suggestion and warm welcome...

Oh, and if anyone would like to know my Gamertag, feel free to PM me, I'm primarily an Xbox 360 gamer, but I'm more than happy to play PS3 titles with people...

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Hey duder, nice intro. Someone has probably already mentioned the Pesona 4 endurance run but if you haven't checked it out, take a look. That said, welcome to the community!

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#22  Edited By cornbredx

Welcome to Giantbomb! 

You may end up never leaving, though. BEWARE! 
It's kind of like the Hotel California that way... maybe... MAYBE 

No, not really, but it is the best website about video games.

lethalki11ler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#23  Edited By lethalki11ler

@KingdomCome: Welcome to Giantbomb! Nice to see a proper introduction :) Once you go GB you never go back.

lead_farmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#24  Edited By lead_farmer

Welcome. Mind the smell. It's dude and mung.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#25  Edited By Dagbiker

Welcome.

BearSpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By BearSpark

KingdomCome, it's always a pleasure to meet a fellow 360'er. GB rocks and is the place to get the lowdown on games across all platforms. Congrats on joining the forums and welcome to Giant Bomb.

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By kindgineer

@KingdomCome: Welcome Duder. As someone who has experienced it myself, I recommend reading the following list of topics not to create threads about to save yourself some mutilation.

• Religion. (Unless you're an Atheist, than go right ahead!)
  • Politics. (I don't think anything is safe here. We're all armchair devil's advocates and are not afraid to let you know!
  • Criticizing the bomb crew. (Who the hell do you think you are?)
  • Paranormal. (If you by-chance believe in said things, be ready to have science shoved down your throat and made to feel like an idiot!)

Aside from all that, this has to be one of the best communities to be a part of. Enjoy your stay and I hope to not see you disappear from the forums!

killacam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By killacam

@KingdomCome QUEST

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#29  Edited By musubi
@KingdomCome Hey hey hey. Welcome aboard. Hope to see you around.
Anund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#30  Edited By Anund

@Fattony12000 said:

"Hey fellow gamers, my names James, I'm 18 and am currently studying Advertising at University"

No Caption Provided

Hmm...

Wow. Really? I've never seen a single ad on Giant Bomb, guess they aren't targeting Sweden. This is since way before I became a premium member as well.

KingdomCome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By KingdomCome

Is there any boundaries in regards to thread topics regarding other media platforms? Can we discuss Comics, music and film?

Hector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#32  Edited By Hector

Welcome duder!

craigbo180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#33  Edited By craigbo180

@KingdomCome said:

Is there any boundaries in regards to thread topics regarding other media platforms? Can we discuss Comics, music and film?

That will absolutely not be permitted under any circumstances. I've got my eye on you.

logicfracture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By logicfracture

@KingdomCome said:

Yup, in the Off-Topic forum you can.

BearSpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By BearSpark

@KingdomCome said:

There's a forum called Off Topic where you can discuss anything you like, whether it's comics, music, film, etc

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#36  Edited By LordAndrew

I had a deep infestation of Sony worshippers a dew months back. Had to fumigate.

Welcome to Giant Bomb, duder.

That1BlackGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By That1BlackGuy

Really good introduction, welcome to GiantBomb brother.

KingdomCome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By KingdomCome

@LordAndrew said:

I had a deep infestation of Sony worshippers a dew months back. Had to fumigate.

Welcome to Giant Bomb, duder.

Good Call. Cheers for the warm welcome.

impartialgecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

#39  Edited By impartialgecko

Hey guy. I'm 18 too. I like platformers. You should watch the Persona 4 endurance run sometime. I want be a journalist. Also lemonade sucks on it's own, putting that out there.

Avatar image for redcricketchase
RedCricketChase

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By RedCricketChase

Welcome to the family. Clothing is optional, obvz.

modedude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By modedude

Hello there, just wondering which date did you see Muse in Wembley that year? I saw them on 11th of September and it was a very awesome show.

dungbootle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By dungbootle

Welcome to Giant Bomb, James!

KingdomCome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By KingdomCome

@Modedude said:

Hello there, just wondering which date did you see Muse in Wembley that year? I saw them on 11th of September and it was a very awesome show.

September 11th 2010, no gig will ever beat it. I mean, freakin' "Ruled By Secrecy"... (Although, "Megalomania" and being one of the first to see "Origin of Symmetry" Live from start to finish August 19th last year at Leeds Festival was absolutely magnificent...) Nice to know that fellow Muse fans are found within GiantBomb's community, pleasure to meet you. And roll on "Madness" and "The 2nd Law", oh, and I'm seeing the Live again November 1st...

Again, nice to meet you.

@dungbootle said:

Welcome to Giant Bomb, James!

Cheers.