Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By gamenut101

Here is the link -  
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-ds2-vs-psp2-article

Have a read, very interesting indeed!

Looks like we are in for a treat, what do you think?

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By JJOR64
zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By zeforgotten
@JJOR64: YOU! 
gamenut101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By gamenut101

Anyone got any thoughts on this article, do you think they will come out next year?

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By Meowayne
@gamenut101 said:
" Anyone got any thoughts on this article? "
Good handheld games are never those that rely on fancy 3D graphics. The fact that the DS does not offer home-console capabilities is the sole reason for it's fantastic and diverse library. 
That is why such an article about potential power in a tone of "DUDERS! HANDHELDS WITH XBOX360LEVEL GRAFX!!!1" do absolutely nothing for me.
TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By TwoOneFive

great article. psp2 sounds like its going to be jaw dropping. 

gamenut101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By gamenut101
@TwoOneFive said:
" great article. psp2 sounds like its going to be jaw dropping.  "
Yes bring on the power!
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#8  Edited By AgentJ
@Meowayne said:
" @gamenut101 said:
Good handheld games are never those that rely on fancy 3D graphics. The fact that the DS does not offer home-console capabilities is the sole reason for it's fantastic and diverse library.  That is why such an article about potential power in a tone of "DUDERS! HANDHELDS WITH XBOX360LEVEL GRAFX!!!1" do absolutely nothing for me. "
Hey, as long as they keep the console relatively inexpensive, I'm more than happy with a graphical upgrade. Just so long as it doesn't sacrifice other features 
I would love to have a portable gamecube that I can just stuff Metroid Prime or RE4 into and go.  

*Reads article* 
Could someone translate this into english while I scoop pieces of my brain off the walls of the room? I can't understand any of this technical mumbo jumbo
eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By eroticfishcake
@AgentJ: The PSP2 and DS2 would have better graphics and framerates essentially. At least, that's what I thought when I skimmed across it.

@Meowayne said:
" @gamenut101 said:
Good handheld games are never those that rely on fancy 3D graphics. The fact that the DS does not offer home-console capabilities is the sole reason for it's fantastic and diverse library.  That is why such an article about potential power in a tone of "DUDERS! HANDHELDS WITH XBOX360LEVEL GRAFX!!!1" do absolutely nothing for me. "

I think we've gotten to a point where graphics look good enough to the point where people only seem to care about graphics and presentation above everything else. That's what I thought anwyway over the past few years. It's great of course that we can make better looking games but at the same time I think developers seem to neglect other aspects of the game...like being a good game to play, not watch.
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#10  Edited By AgentJ
@eroticfishcake: So it just states the obvious? Boring.
eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By eroticfishcake
@AgentJ: With all the technical terms aside, yes unfortunately. I'll like to see what's it going to be like but I think I'll pass for now. I want games on consoles that are fun to use!
Slippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Slippy

Doubt these are coming next year. PSP Go was only just launched to try and keep the PSP going for a while longer, and the DSi is relatively new on the ground too. The DSi for old people is also just about to be released. So there's too much happening in the world of the current handhelds to even consider the next-gen yet. And they may have the chips all ready to go, but at what cost? Sony in particular are going to want to make a profit asap, unlike the financial failure that was the PS3.
Famov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By Famov

Now I am hardly knowledgeable enough on these matters to really speculate about anything, but I am unsure why it is that the PSP 2 would be a "technical monster". 

Sony's strategy of "It only does everything", has verifiably stopped working this gen. The PS3, if it is ever profitable, will only be so once the tech is so old that the costs of making the thing drop dramatically. Neither the PSP nor the PS3 have been able to use the tech advantage to emulate the success of the PS2, and it wasn't until the PS3 dropped to normal launch prices and it had 2.5 years of software before it started showing more than dismal numbers (and the jury's still out on whether this boost in sales is sustainable). So, why would the PSP 2 want to be what the PSP was five years ago? It is a fine portable system to be sure but it was not particularly successful, especially early on. 
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By iam3green

ha awesome. i'm not a hand held type of person. i try and played a DS. i didn't really like it all that much for a couple of years later. i barely played the game. it is still pretty cool. i don't see them coming out any time soon. the psps go and dsi just came out a while ago.