Giant Bomb Community Endurance Run XII.5 Announcement Thread: Now With a Sunday Lineup!

thatpinguino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By thatpinguino  Staff

Guess who's back, back again? The Giant Bomb Community Endurance Run is back! Tell a friend!

Hey all,

In light of the recent US Supreme Court ruling overturning Roe v. Wade, we're going to be putting on an emergency Community Endurance Run to raise money for the National Network of Abortion Funds (NNAF). Pregnant people should be able to make decisions about their own lives and bodies, regardless of where they live or how much money they have. In service of that, the NNAF distributes money to local abortion funds in order to help people in need to travel and afford abortions. We know that this is not an international cause like many of our previous fundraisers - but our community is full of people impacted in ways big and small by the regression of reproductive rights. We have a platform to make an impact. So we are going to do just that.

This emergency Community Endurance Run is going to kick off on July the 8th and run through Sunday July 10th.

Several awesome members of the Giantbomb community are going to be streaming a wide variety of video games and video game-like things on Explosiveruns.com in order to raise money for charity!

We are aiming to raise $10,000 for the National Network of Abortion Funds. For the price of ten copies of Garou: Mark of the Wolves we can help a few people gain life altering medical care.

Here's our donation link

We are going to have a number of different events, prizes, and donation incentives running all weekend so be sure to mark the GBCER on your calendar and get ready for the fun and the funding. This year we're also happy to announce that we have a single team page AND individual donation pages. That means that if you want to donate for a specific person's donation incentives, prizes, or you just want to shout out one person in particular, you easily can!

Go here to watch the event!

If you would like to participate in the Community Endurance Run, PM me and I’ll get you in on the action. Get #GBCERXII.5 trending! Get hype!

There will be ongoing updates every week leading up to the event - so keep checking in.

Schedule (All times are in EDT):

Friday:

7PM - ?:

@ybbaaabby will be playing a Mario Party of some kind! Will there be guests or is she playing a noble game? Tune in to find out!

Saturday:

10AM - ?:

@riostarwind will be playing Blaster Master Zero! Tune in for some sweet gameplay and v-tubing!

12PM - ?:

@nickieroonie is playing Cuphead with his feet! Behold and be amazed!

@arbitrarywater is playing some dubious horror games! If they're anything like the games he's blogged about, this should be a treat!

2PM - ?:

@personz is playing Sword of Mana! He's been threatening to play this game for a while so look forward to him fulfilling his threat!

Sunday:

10AM - ?:

@thatpinguino is starting off a Fallout 3 exquisite corpse run! That's right, he will be creating a new character, play for a few hours, then pass the save off to another runner! We're going till the wheels fall off!

3PM - ?:

@zombiepie is playing Final Fantasy IX with @thatpinguino riding shotgun. He will learn how good FFIX is... or else!

Donation Incentives:

Coming Soon!

riostarwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 206

User Lists: 62

#2 riostarwind  Moderator

Hi GB community! Resident silent mod Rio here to point out that my stream is starting soon. (In an hour) Check it out below and donate if you can.

Tiltify - Rio's Support Of Abortion Rights

I wanted to point out that I'm offering my usual incentive all weekend. If you want me to draw a character or two, then a donation of $25 (For one) $50 (for two) will get you some nice artwork in return for helping this very important cause. Some recent examples below.