First person shooter/Adventure wanted!

j_d90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By j_d90

Looking for more FPS or First person adventure games that i may have missed or independent ones i haven't heard of that are are like or maybe similar to the impressiveness that Breakdown and Mirrors Edge has or maybe first person adventures i haven't come across.

My Specs: Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650

Cpu: Intel i5 2.9Ghz

RAM: 16gb

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By Hizang

@J_D90 said:

Looking for more FPS or First person adventure games that i may have missed or independent ones i haven't heard of that are are like or maybe similar to the impressiveness that Breakdown and Mirrors Edge has or maybe first person adventures i haven't come across.

My Specs: Card: ATI Radeon HD 3200, Cpu: AMD Phenom 8450 Triple-Core Processor, RAM: 4gb

Minecraft?

j_d90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By j_d90

@Hizang: Ive Played it a few times.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By Justin258

The term "first person adventure" brings to mind everything from Metroid Prime to Skyrim. Can you be a bit more specific?

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By handlas

Call of Duty 3

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Portal.

Amnesia.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By SomeDeliCook

Zeno Clash

The Ball

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#8  Edited By BeachThunder

@believer258 said:

The term "first person adventure" brings to mind everything from Metroid Prime to Skyrim. Can you be a bit more specific?

Why? Neither of those are adventure games. I would imagine that people would think of Amnesia or Myst when given the term "first person adventure".

icicle7x3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By icicle7x3

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Metro 2033

stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By stryker1121

Singularity - BioShock-like time travel FPS you can get for half of nothing these days I'm sure. Great title that didn't make much of a splash upon release.

Dead Island-I loved this game despite its bugginess, crap story and insane difficulty spikes if you were playing solo. The analog combat on this is excellent; my favorite fighting system i've come across since the new Batman games. If you get this, i'd say analog is the only way to play it.

Inquisitor_Sif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Inquisitor_Sif

I would recommend Deus Ex: Human Revolution to you. And by all mean, stay away from CoD and Halo. They will ruin your personality for good.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Justin258

@BeachThunder said:

@believer258 said:

Why? Neither of those are adventure games. I would imagine that people would think of Amnesia or Myst when given the term "first person adventure".

"Adventure" as in "Action adventure".

"Adventure games" is a genre that I've never really played much of, so when I hear the term "adventure" I think more along the lines of "action game with puzzles" than I do "puzzle game with a lot of story". Or whatever characterizes an adventure game. Besides, I don't know if Mirror's Edge would fit the term well either. "First person adventure" still sounds pretty ambiguous to me.

impartialgecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By impartialgecko

Far Cry 2. I'm told grenades roll down hills.

Jagged85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#14  Edited By Jagged85

@BeachThunder said:

@believer258 said:

It was Metroid Prime that coined the phrase "first-person adventure" in the first place.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Ravenlight

@adam1808 said:

Far Cry 2. I'm told grenades roll down hills.

No wizards though, so it's sort of a wash.

j_d90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By j_d90

First person adventure would be be Myst, Amnesia, The Neverhood, etc

Metroid prime is a First person shooter (FPS). so when i think adventure i think minimum combat.

@Brodehouse Ive played portal and have been wanting to check out amnesia having played the penumbra games.

Zeno Clash looks pretty fun. i'll check it out and The Ball looks pretty cool.

Metro looks like it would be a good time and S.T.A.L.K.E.R

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Justin258

@J_D90 said:

First person adventure would be be Myst, Amnesia, The Neverhood, etc

Metroid prime is a First person shooter (FPS). so when i think adventure i think minimum combat.

Metroid Prime isn't really a shooter. OK, yes, you're shooting things, and you do it a lot, but the shooting is done with a lock on and the game is more focused on exploration and discovery. It's just that the exploration and discovery involved has a lot of combat in it. Besides, I forgot this little detail before, but:

@Jagged85 said:

@BeachThunder said:

@believer258 said:

It was Metroid Prime that coined the phrase "first-person adventure" in the first place.

eskimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By eskimo
j_d90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By j_d90

@eskimo: Agreed. Got it on the xbox. Pretty fun.

and i was wondering do yall think Daikatana is as bad as it sounds?

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By BigBoss1911

I wish a FPS like Turok - Dinosaur Hunter would be made again. Huge worlds, inventive weapons, many different/ non generic enemies.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#21  Edited By Jeust

The Void

upwarDBound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By upwarDBound

@J_D90 said:

@eskimo: Agreed. Got it on the xbox. Pretty fun.

and i was wondering do yall think Daikatana is as bad as it sounds?

It's worse than it sounds.

wicked_wumpus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By wicked_wumpus

I hope you check out Metroid Prime if you haven't already. Don't believe the naysayers, it's definitely an adventure game with shooting elements added to that.

j_d90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By j_d90

@Wicked_Wumpus: I used to play the demo a lot but never did get around to getting a Gamecube to play the whole series. now that i have dolphin I'll probably check it out again.

: added that in my want to check out list. it does look good.

Raven10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 5

#25  Edited By Raven10

@Icicle7x3 said:

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Metro 2033

Both good choices if you want stylish shooters with adventure elements. I think to me what connects Mirror's Edge and Breakdown is a focus on melee combat, near future settings, and a dedication to realistic animation. As far as other shooters that feature those elements I would go with maybe the Deus Ex series. You chose two really unique games. Maybe try Chronicles of Riddick? It also has a focus on melee combat and an evocative setting. This may be a bit different, but Half Life 2 has the dystopian setting that is similar in sorts to Mirror's Edge and there are a lot of puzzles. It lacks the melee combat of the games you mentioned, but from a tonal sense I think it works. STALKER and Metro 2033 remind me of Breakdown in their focus on lengthy and realistic animations. Zeno Clash was also mentioned and that game also has a focus on melee combat and a stylish setting, though it is a fantasy setting not a modern one.

EDIT: With that graphics card I wouldn't recommend most of these games. Your best bets would be Riddick or Half Life 2. Metro is a no go and Stalker will give you some trouble. Zeno Clash might work. You could try the first two Deus Ex games, but don't bother with the new one. You are sure that is the correct card? That is a five year old ultra low end card. I would definitely recommend upgrading as soon as possible.

j_d90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By j_d90

Yeah just updated my build so all of these should run now.

Raven10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 5

#27  Edited By Raven10

@J_D90: Sweet. Have fun!