Film & 40s...?

killcount00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By killcount00

I know it would be very challenging but wonder if there is any chance for any more this year. I live away from my family and these really make me feel like I'm having a night out with friends watching a movie. I have watched the previous ones multiple times and greatly appreciate them. Great job. :)

Christoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I would also love some new Film & 40s but I can't imagine the hoops they would have to jump through to record an episode. It seemed to be difficult enough to sync all streams when they talked over Ubisoft Forward (or was it the PS5 reveal).

kevlarkoala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stream the movie for themselves over discord, record each of their audio locally, combine all audio tracks ala the podcasts?

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

As somebody who has watched movies over the Internet, it can be weird due to connection issues. If people have to manually sync up streams that can also cause problems. Sometimes you discovered the other person is 10 seconds ahead somehow.

There’s also the talking over people, delays with audio, and all that. It unfortunately sounds very difficult to do.

Streaming with friends is one thing, but when you record it as a commentary track that can’t be interrupted, it just sounds like a pain and you may lose some of the atmosphere with people in the room.

AndersWarming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AndersWarming

I would love a new batch of Film & 40's too.

Regarding the technical issues - seems that streamers are doing watch parties through: https://www.amazon.com/adlp/watchparty

Don't know the technical approach behind the service and how well it keeps sync, but it's build for this exact thing. And I'm not sure I'd prefer a live episode - it is kinda cozy - but it might be an option for the beasties to record something without much hassle.

Edit. A quick google: https://www.theverge.com/21307583/watch-videos-movies-online-friends-streaming-netflix-hulu-amazon-scener-extensions