rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Edited By rorie
No Caption Provided

Folks, 2020 has hurt in a lot of ways to a lot of people. Financially, emotionally, physically, temporally: it's been no bueno. But you know who has been hurting the most? THE CHILDREN, and I'm here to tell you how you can help them out (with a sizable cash donation).

Just call me Sally Struthers/
because if I had my druthers/
we would all care more for others/
especially the kids at the UCSF Benioff Children's Hospital for whom we are raising funds this year!

That's it; that's the rap. The official rap of Extra Life 2020.

Before we get into the details, I wanted to thank everyone who has joined our team this year or has joined our team in the past. Giant Bomb and our team members passed 1.5 million dollars raised during our Extra Life streams last year! That's frankly insane! And while we know that 2020 has been a WEIRD YEAR for a lot of people, we are still hoping to raise a bunch of money FOR THE KIDS this year, with the help of viewers like you.

If you would like to join our team, you can do so via this link right here! If you do join the team and would like some promotional considerations when you start streaming, please tag the official Giant Bomb Twitter account when you go live and I'll do my best to retweet you! I'm not around 24/7 but I'll do my best to get some eyeballs on your stuff!

We have already raised almost $20,000 thanks to the efforts of On The Stick, Sean Haas, Jason Sckrabulis, Chris Shomo, Matt Hayes, Keith Noble, and many more! Thanks to all of the 100+ people who have already streamed or fundraised on behalf of the team! As always, if you want to get started with your donations a bit early, I recommend going to the end of the donation list and giving some cash to the people who haven't raised any yet!

We are still in the planning stages of our schedule, but I hope I'm not spilling the beans when I say that a little birdie told me that one Dave Lang might start us out with 24 straight hours of streamin' starting early Monday morning (11/2!) (West coast time!)!

Later that week, we'll have at least 24 hours of streaming from your favorite Giant Bomb personalities (I'll be there too!) from Friday to Saturday, followed up by some Will Smith from Saturday to Sunday, then some Dan Ryckert and Drew Scanlon on Sunday! Danny O'Dwyer will be streaming on Monday the 9th of November, and possibly more people will join as well! All of these times are subject to change (it's a little busy with all these consoles hitting, if you hadn't heard about those!) but we're hoping to get a lot of fun stuff in front of you next week. Join our team to stream, or join us in chat to watch a stream if you prefer, and if you feel like donating early to our member page, you can do that right here!

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Hopefully Alex plays some Yakuza! Lots of Yakuza.

cogbert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Letting Ryckert back in? I don't know about that.

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fig. 1- S. Struthers about to 'drop the mic.'

No Caption Provided

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hey if you didn't get enough exclamation points !!!

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By hassun
bathala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dan new hire

JaySotkowy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mom's dead. Parkour! (for the kids)

JackSwift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hudsucker Proxy, one of the most underrated Cohen Bros. films.

eccentrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I'm in the middle of a move, but maybe I'll try to set up a stream next week as a distraction. I've been feeling like I should be doing more for others lately.

TheChris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Will Dan and Drew play Death Stranding?

lemonadepack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Good luck everyone! I can't participate this year. But that also means its the first year I get to actually watch most of this content, live. Looking forward to it

bigwinnerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just posting to say I appreciate Friends of the Site (tm) and alumni alike coming back to donate their time to the cause. They don't have to do this, but, they always show up on the calendar every year. Good stuff.

khetix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thank you to everyone joining and fundraising for your local CMN Hospitals!

Avatar image for deactivated-62a6d1718add5
deactivated-62a6d1718add5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh boy, been waiting for this since E3 was cancelled. And Drew, Dan and Danny all streaming is exciting.

antime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Will Ben and Jan finally play through the Quiet Man with sound?

FlyboyJose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm excited!!!

AshuSP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been playing a lot of Super Metroid Link to the Past Randomizer lately. It might be fun to fire that up on a stream along with a couple other games and see if that draws in a few bucks for the children.

Avatar image for deactivated-64056c37973fe
deactivated-64056c37973fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hell yeah, duders, for the kids!

SirDaemos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is always one of my favorite events of the year. I got my donation dollars primed and ready to go!

pinefresh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh no, I don't know if I'm ready for push up club

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

Loading Video...

brian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Man... if you had no idea what Giant Bomb is and you just saw "Extra Life 2020: The Bombening", you'd probably be concerned.

thefizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm ready to revisit The Quiet Man. I need to see The Quiet Man.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hamst3r: You somehow manage to outdo yourself each year.

tds418

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lincoln Force (an unofficial Giant Bomb clan for Xbox One Destiny players) will be streaming a Destiny 2 raid-a-thon on Saturday 11/7 for the Giant Bomb team!

SquigHerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm doing my 25 hour stream tomorrow! 9am on Halloween to 9am November 1st! STOP IN AND SAY HI! I'll be dressed as a viking the entire 25 hours!

Twitch.tv/Squigherd or https://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&participantID=429262

Neau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for melt_banana_man
melt_banana_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By melt_banana_man

Finally joined the team on Extra Life! Wanted to do this for years now, just never worked out. Committing to it this year though! Going to be streaming from my ps4 so hopefully it isn't too rough. Still working on my PC streaming setup, might get it working this week. This will be the first time I've streamed for over an hour so fingers crossed it goes well!

I'll be streaming Tuesday night 7pm(ET) Eastern Daylight Time until 12am. Five hour stream should be interesting! Stop on by, might not have a camera set up but I don't feel that's required, just listen to my dulcet tones :P.

https://www.twitch.tv/melt_banana_man or https://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&participantID=438576

KirillOrlov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By KirillOrlov

@hamst3r: Would you mind if I used your new Extra Life video as a break spot during my EL stream? Similar to last year, if you recall which I don't expect you to. As always you'll be credited for the video/audio. It'll be on this channel https://www.twitch.tv/swansons Nov 7-8th, we're doing two 12 hour streams.

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

@kirillorlov Please do! Same to anyone else interested in using the video, you're more than welcome to. :)

khetix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My stream for this year is a week early- over Halloween- and I've set a new personal best for yearly fundraising by reaching $1500. Bonus, I reached the top 3 in the team for just a moment. :-P

Anyway, it's going well and I look forward to checking in on streams next weekend. GLHF everyone. ^.^

soulmanim3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bestyhammar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I took this entire week off from work (because fuck people), but I'm thrilled it lined up with EL!

Avatar image for davesavedtheday
davesavedtheday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm so hyped for more Drew and Dan holy shit

Rasgueado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#37  Edited By Rasgueado
mookie1515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks Rorie! This will be my 7th event, we've raised $5000 over the life, and our goal is $2000 this year!

SITE USERNAME: mookie1515

LINK TO TWITCH OR YOUR STREAMING CHANNEL OF CHOICE:Twitch.tv/mookie1515

LINK TO YOUR EXTRA LIFE FUNDRAISING PAGE:https://www.extra-life.org/participant/418465

DATE STARTING: 11/7/20

TIME STARTING (WITH TIME ZONE): 7 AM Mountain Time

Dryker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Hamst3r, once again an awesome video! How is that not front and center on the home page!? New consoles be damned!

soulmanim3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soulmanim3: Make sure to tweet me at the giant bomb account when you go live!

soulmanim3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: Thank you for the support! We had to go offline earlier than planned due to a large storm with hail and high winds flickering the power and taking hardware offline. Despite the challenge, the GB duders were amazing and helped raise over 600 for Children’s Miracle Network! Thank you all!

JasonMasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By JasonMasters
Avatar image for congruentpotato
CongruentPotato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've also still got a stream in the works! This will be my third time streaming for EL, second time for the Giant Bomb team. This year I'll be supporting the Children's Hospital Los Angeles.

Games: I'll be playing some Overwatch (which I've never played before, so I'll have a friend tutoring me) and some Halo MCC co-op for sure. Wildcards include Among Us, Ghost of Tsushima co-op, Spelunky 2, and more?? Who's to say.

Date: Saturday 11/21/20 - 10am-10pm PST

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/thelatetoast

Extra Life: https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Alex-Latos

seakae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I've got my 3rd annual Extra Life stream starting this Sat at 10AM PST for 24 hrs. We've already raised $1300! There'll be raffles (art from me and some cool people like Mark Englert, Khary Randolph, and Tony friggin Moore), a few giveaways, and some silly stuff happening. I hope to see you guys there.

EL: https://www.extra-life.org/participant/seakae

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/seakae