EnChroma Glasses for the Vinny & Jeff?

dprabon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By dprabon

GB community, anyone know if they know about EnChroma glasses or if they'd work for them?

If they don't know about it and it would help them we should start a gofundme to get them a pair. I'd start one and kick $100 in to start, but I don't want to buy something for them they already have or that wouldn't help.

I could see Vinny rocking EnChroma Cx-65 Apollo.

dprabon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

http://enchroma.com/cx-lens-guide/

For people who don't know, CX-65 - For indoors - helps with Red / Green Color blindness.

TheWyotee93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Jeff has talked about using some similar glasses on the podcast in the past, although I can't remember which at the moment. He didnt like them because they were meant to be used inside I believe, which defeats the point of sunglasses

dprabon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By dprabon

I remember Jeff saying that as well. The CX-65 are more like normal glasses. I wonder if they would bother him or even help.

I don't remember Vinny saying anything like that though...

shikon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Yeah Jeff has the outside version wich he used while carpooling. they worked slightly but it was a real strain on his brain sudenly seeing new colours.
he knows about the indoor one as well he has briefly talked about them but said he doesn't feel like trowing down an other 400 dollars for a second pair of glasses he might never use.

A gofundme campain might be a weird/bad idea though?
we are talking about 2 adult men that have jobs. If they cared they could easely buy the glasses themself. I don't think they see it as such a big deal they are missing a few colours here and there life has been going fine for +30 years =p

dprabon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good point. Ya if they've tried them really no use. Thanks @shikon.