Bookmark Place in Giant Bomb Videos to Watch Later

SpikeDelight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By SpikeDelight

Hey I've been wanting this sort of thing for some time, and I wonder if anyone else has thought about this:

I watch a LOT of Giant Bomb videos, but due to the longer nature of the videos on the site I usually can't watch a whole video in one sitting. I've always wanted a way to bookmark my place in a video so I can return to it later, instead of having to just remember where I was. I'm not sure if there's some crazy web development stuff going on with making this actually happen, but I would definitely appreciate a feature like this if it was implemented.

Any thoughts?

SpikeDelight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By SpikeDelight

Am I really the only GB member who's thought about this? Like, for example on the recent 90 minute video where Jeff answers questions, I had to write down the time where I was, because if I left my chrome window open and paused, it would restart if I came back later.

I don't know... maybe it is just me

Avatar image for makoto_mizuhara_sakamoto
Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It probably is just you.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Ravenlight

This is a great idea that I'd like to see implemented. I'd settle for just being able to leave a video on pause overnight. The way it currently works is that videos left on pause seem to time out and restart from the beginning.

Levius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Levius

Yeah this feature would be pretty cool, I'd use it if it was an option.

Stete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Stete

Ye I would love to see that happen.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f8b49bb7fea7
deactivated-5f8b49bb7fea7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

This is an awesome idea. GB videos have gotten longer as of late, and I can't watch them all in one sitting either, which usually leads me to watching the first ~30 min and then closing it, vowing to one day watch the rest (but I never do).

SpikeDelight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SpikeDelight

I mean, with all the user achievements and stuff they've put into the site since its inception, maybe a member-specific ability to save your place or allow a video to stay paused would be another good incentive to get people to buy subscriptions... especially because of how long the subscriber videos tend to get!

Avatar image for makoto_mizuhara_sakamoto
Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@SpikeDelight: Kind of like the proverbial pause button to end all pause buttons, right?

imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By imsh_pl

It would certainly be cool.

Mijati

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By Mijati

I can definitely see how thi'd be useful.

I'm still wanting a "Random Quicklook" feature which just plays random quick looks back to back. Yes I know about the site someone made to do this, but that's only one video at a time unfortunately :(. Just would love to relax in bed with some quick looks on in the background while doing other shit and not have to worry about changing videos every 20/30 minutes.

SpikeDelight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SpikeDelight

I apologize for resurrecting this, but is there an actual suggestions area where we can ask for this to be implemented? This problem just happened to me again, haha!