Bojangles: must try?

ActionMan85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Wife and I are traveling back to Chicago from Nashville and plan to stop at Bojangles. Is there a menu item that is a staple that we should leave without trying? I remember years ago Brad mentioning something like “I only really get ____ when I go to Bojangles” but I could be misremembering. Thanks, duders!!!

defordj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People are going to tell you "the biscuits", and they're right. But also I don't think Bojangles is that special? It's not, or at least the ones around here (west coast of FL) are not, substantively different than Popeyes or Church's.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#3 FinalDasa  Moderator

The breakfast is pretty dank. But from what I can remember the regular chicken was the go-to meal.

cubidog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dude it's fast food fried chicken. As long as you get some kind of chicken and biscuits, you're set lol

ActionMan85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@snuffymcgee: excellent to hear! We’re quite hungover after lots of lsd and whiskey….it was a phish show don’t judge

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

As someone who has always lived in North Carolina... is Bojangle's considered that special outside of the Southeast US? I guess I've had it often enough for me to not think it's all that special.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

I have never been to a Bojangles.

drjota

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By drjota

The biscuits are indeed strong. You'll want to have some butter or honey to go with them though. They can be a bit on the dry side sometimes.

I'll say that with the inclusion that Popeye's might be the better play overall, and heck, if you're gonna be in Nashville, you HAVE to hit up one of the hot chicken joints up there.

Hattie B's is fantastic, but if you're not feeling that the Hurry Back is also worth checking out, and right by a really good music venue.

Amingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The biscuit sandwiches are probably the best thing on the menu; go for a sausage biscuit and a Cajun fillet biscuit. For sides, get the fries; the seasoning on them is amazing and are probably one of my favorite fast food fries.

As for the fried chicken, it can be really inconsistent. I've had some of the worst fried chicken and some of the best fried chicken at a Bojangles.

redwing42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Bojangles' biscuits are certainly better than McDonalds, but probably on par with Hardee's. The BoBerry biscuits are pretty good every once in a while, though. Best fast food biscuits I've had are at Biscuitville, a fairly local NC chain. Biscuits are great, and they use real strips of bacon, instead of those paper thin rounds that most places use.

Prince's Hot Chicken also a good option in Nashville.

BeardDuder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

So here are my two ¢. I heard for years on the podcast the duders taking about two chicken places. Zaxby's and Bojangles. Neither are anywhere close to where I live so on the off chance we go somewhere I do a quick search to look them up. Now I have had Zaxby's about 5-6 times over the last few years (there just happens to be one on the way to pick up my kiddo) and Jason is not wrong, it's killer! But had not found a Bojangles until this summer.

We went on a small family trip and the search began. Sadly the only one we could find close by was in the Atlanta airport so I assume it was not the best experience we could have gotten but, we got lunch there and it was...just alright? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ If there was a chicken row in town with all the chicken places I would probably go there as my 3rd or 4th choice behind Zaxby's, Chicken Express, and Raising Cane's.