BlazBlue or Guilty Gear - Which Arc System Works' fighting game IP you personally prefer to see by next-gen?

GTxForza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Poll BlazBlue or Guilty Gear - Which Arc System Works' fighting game IP you personally prefer to see by next-gen? (21 votes)

BlazBlue 14%
Guilty Gear 57%
Why not both? 29%

Hello fighting game fans!

Here are the 2 long-running Arc System Works fighting game franchise which they have been for over a decade so I would like to see you guys share your thoughts on them.

• 
hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

They are pretty much interchangeable, right?

RoyalGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hermes: Not at all. Might as well say Battlefield and Cod are the same thing.

RoyalGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean, it's Guilty Gear. Blazblue still stuck in sprite land and honestly I prefer Team Red's games in general anyway. GG coming this year, no idea what they plan to do with Blazblue but you can bet it involves overcharging people for content that should be in the game lol

GTxForza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By GTxForza

@royalghost said:

I mean, it's Guilty Gear. Blazblue still stuck in sprite land and honestly I prefer Team Red's games in general anyway. GG coming this year, no idea what they plan to do with Blazblue but you can bet it involves overcharging people for content that should be in the game lol

I still hope next BlazBlue fighter to look like Guilty Gear -STRIVE- in terms of visual and gameplay.

Fistoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Guilty is my personal favorite fighting franchise, and BB always went a bit too off the rails with character unique systems you have to learn. GG characters are unique but there are more universal systems that make it relatively easier to get a grasp on.

I think XX Accent Core +R and Revelator are two of the tightest fighting games out there.

GTxForza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By GTxForza

Guys if you wonder which one I prefer? for me I'm neutral to these 2 and I like them both.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I guess Guilty Gear because Xrd looked incredible and is maybe slightly easier/less complex, also GG has better music :P.
It's difficult for me because despite being a fighting game fan and trying almost all of them i haven't come across an anime fighter that clicks with me, i think my favourite is Blade Arcus or Koihime Enbu but i haven't played much of those either.
I'm excited to see if they managed to make Strive a more approachable game, but an over reliance on auto combos in Cross Tag made the game feel really shallow, i really hope they avoid doing that again.

DaviKaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

My first instinct is GG. I'm literally playing GGAC+R right now, and have been playing GG on and off for uh... more than a decade at least. I played a lot of BB when it came along and had a committed local crew at the time so I had a lot of fun with Calamity Trigger and Continuum Shift, but fell off hard after that. Thing is - I don't think we've really seen them go back to the drawing board for BB.

It's my opinion that Xrd and BB were both designed with the intention of being at least a little playable in a delay based netcode environment. Having now played ACR with rollback netcode, I don't think there's any more need to be so shy about 2 frame cancels and short static difference windows. Shit can be stupid anime fast again.

Strive looks cool. I hope it's freaking dope. But I super wonder what a legit new BB would look like designed from the ground up with a goal other than, "Let's make this work on 2009 X Box live."