Astrobot Rescue mission

berfunkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: -1

Has anyone else played this PSVR game? I, for one, am impressed and I really think VR can do wonders for a plat-former. What's amazing is that even though I control an avatar I can also become an active participant in the puzzles. Only gripe is that the game is too short, at least for my tastes. Also, while playing it, I have to say, I kept telling myself, I wish this was a Mario, I wish this was a Mario. At the glacial pace of Nintendo tech development we can expect VR Mario in 10 years.

Shamylamy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Shamylamy

It really is amazing. The first level made me think a VR Crash Bandicoot would work well in this same third person view.

BartonFink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By BartonFink

I just finished 2-2 and so far I think it's incredible -- really joyous and polished and clever with how it implements VR into otherwise pretty standard 3d platformer fare. Little things keep popping up, like the bot waving back at you when you wave your controller at him, that add a lot of charm. The first boss put a huge smile on my face.

MstrMnyBgs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I just can't justify $40 for what people are saying is a 5 hour game.

BartonFink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm about 4 hours and 4 worlds in, so 6-8 hrs to finish the game and do a bunch of the extra challenge missions sounds about right. I think the amount of polish justifies the price, honestly

I'll say this: each world has gotten more and more impressive. For anyone maybe not completely blown away by the first set of levels, it gets so much better

BartonFink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just beat 5-2 and it was jaw dropping. The design is so clever. Probably my goty at this point

Brad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I got halfway through world 2 and it hit me out of nowhere that this might be the game that makes me buy my own PSVR. Think it was the beach level, right around the time they lower you down into the ocean and you just keep going. What a great use of VR.

Wonder if there are any new bundles or Black Friday deals or anything on the way...

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

If Nintendo makes a VR game, will you be playing as a Lakitu?

Also apparently some former Ape Escape devs are on this, it sounds so good.