Adults with a job & kids who play online, help needed!!

poperamone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

I am 38, have a job and a young family and still manage to play games a couple of times a week. One thing that has really fallen off for me over the last few years is online gaming. Basically my online friends have wilted and I find myself playing solo.

I've played a few games like the division solo but it feels like you get loads more out of them you need a group to play with but I have no idea how to go about finding people to play with.

I can't maintain a hard core schedule but would love to find people in a similar situation I can play with. So what's the best way to approach this?

I am UK based, have both an Xbox and a PS4.

Help!!

expensiveham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Maybe check out http://dadsgaming.com, they have a subreddit and a discord. Says in their description that they're a community of "like minded Dads who understand that Family comes first and want to have a fun time playing online games".

poperamone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By poperamone

Thats a great tip. It seems they are a discord. Now, this old ass completely missed discord. I installed & registered a few years ago but didn't do anything with it. Am I right in thinking that's the best place to start?

expensiveham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Yeah, joining a few discord channels would be a good place to start. Discord is basically IRC but with the support for both text and voice, there are tons of community servers for specific groups or games.

cyberbloke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I have kids and find I can't really play online much anymore.

As you're in the UK, check out http://www.oldnrubbish.com/

We're all older PS4 gamers and have regular game nights for the big games.