New accusations (and lawsuit!) about Gearbox Software around Duke Nukem 3D's music

asmo917

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

Just when you thought that maybe the news around Gearbox might shift to being about a mixed reaction but apparently great sales for Borderlands 3...

The composer of Duke Nukem 3D's music has sued Gearbox, Pitchford, and Valve for using music he composed for Duke 3D and licensed to Apogee but retained the copyright on. Valve is included in the suit for ignoring a notice they were selling his property; Gearbox looks much worse in the story presented here.

Link to story by Jordan Mallory at FanByte.

Froghourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Is Gearbox 2019 the new Fallout 76?

MrGreenMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

A controversy involving Randy Pitchford so it's just another Tuesday.

Gundato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@froghourt: Gearbox 2019 is Gearbox 2018 and 2017 and so forth.

They were ALWAYS a bigger shitshow. Bethesda made a bad game. Randy lost a "magic" flash drive. Bethesda mailed out crappy tote bags. Randy Pitchford allegedly assaulted someone. Bethesda has a crappy RMT store. Gearbox continues to fuck over people on contracts and use quick cash schemes that result in them being sued.

Gearbox have been on a tier of their own for years. It is just that F76 actually has an impact on "gamers". Whereas most people will never notice the embezzlement accusations.

Bezerker85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I really do wonder who is running Gearbox PR now. IGN got in contact with them and according to Gearbox Troy Baker lied about Gearbox not hiring union, and they went on record to state that Tales From the Borderlands is the reason why Troy Baker is famous...

ltcolumbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ltcolumbo

I cannot wrap my around the schadenfreude surrounding Borderlands 3. Absolutely baffling.

Extra baffling is that Lee Jackson wrote Grabbag, aka “the Duke 3D theme,” and I don’t see his name mentioned anywhere.

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@kingbonesaw: That’d make sense, Gearbox referencing an older Brothers in Arms title. The idea that a guy who’s kinda hit peak Nolan North levels of everywhere broke out after Tales from the Borderlands is absurd.

Still, you need to be clear in that quote, Gearbox PR guy. When you’re talking about Tales it will lead people to believe that you’re saying Tales was his big break.