Dynablaster is the first Amico "exclusive" to get released (Xbox/PC/Switch.) $20. It doesn't look great.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By bigsocrates

While I wouldn't say that Dynablaster looks worse than I expected, I will say that it looks like a 2007 Xbox Live Arcade game that definitely would not have been $20. Do these people know what $20 will buy you in terms of videogames today? Are they aware? It seems like they are not aware.

There's a lot to pick apart in this trailer and presentation, including the highlighting of a new co-operative "key" mode that looks like the definition of a lazy toss in (and was likely mandated by Intellivision) but my favorite part is this:

Yes, a stunning world depicted in everyone's favorite color, sh** brown.
Yes, a stunning world depicted in everyone's favorite color, sh** brown.

The game description is worth reading too.

Eventually this will go on sale for $5 and I will pick it up out of curiosity but it is unbelievable to me that anyone thought that THIS could drive competition with the Switch. And remember that this was one of the games deemed important enough to get a "physical product." This was a key pillar of the Amico pitch.

It looks like a great value version of Bomberman from the mid to late 2000s and it's going to sell like 7 copies to anyone who isn't just interested in the Amico debacle. As for me, as Amico obsessed as I am I can't bring myself to drop a $20 bill on this game. I just can't.

ALLTheDinos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I did click on the game description link, and my first thought is that it feels irresponsible of Xbox to allow copy for a game this unappealing to present itself as that much fun or worthy of acclaim. However, the final bit absolutely slayed me:

“Furthermore, you could customize your character with different addons like various hats, helmets, hair, horns and many more.”

Aside from touting variety on only a single part of the character’s body, it’s icing on the cake that each example they provided begins with the same letter of the alphabet. Is this a bit???

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allthedinos: It's irresponsible of Xbox to advertise that you can play local multiplayer when everyone knows that to have family fun in the living room you need an Amico!

I have no idea whether the aliteration is a joke or intentional. The whole thing is written in a very "English is not our first language" way, which makes sense from a German company. Some of my favorites are:

"Modern 3D and fresh-looking game based on the ORIGINAL" The original what? The original Dynablaster? That was just a rename of Bomberman for the European market I think. Also "modern" and "fresh-looking" would be more convincing if you didn't have a trailer, broskis.

"NEW very special COOPERATIVE keys collecting mode" What makes it "very special" and in what sense is it "special." Because I think it might be "special" in a less complimentary way than they are implying.

"A lot of awesome VISUAL and SOUND effects" Sound AND visuals? AND IT CAN RUN ON THE XBOX ONE? Holy Toledo!

Having been a blockbuster, DYNABLASTER® is a game for the strategic thinker whose smart tactics will instill fear in his competitors – playing online or local against others or against the computer. In this captivating action game, destroy your enemies with cleverly placed bombs. Playing in groups of up to 4 players total, he who survives longest wins! You always have to be on your toes and be extremely swift. But being fast is not enough. You need top place bombs with strategy to effectively kill your enemies.

This whole section is fantastic. "a game for the strategic thinker whose smart tactics will instill fear in his competitors." So if it's a game for him then what are these terrified competitors playing? presumably not Dynablaster®.

"Shield: Turns you into an immortal for a few seconds" Immortal for...a few seconds? Is that really the word you wanted there, buddies?

"Mine: Set the mine like a trap so that no one can step on it" Isn't the whole point of a mine to GET people to step on it?

The whole thing just seems offbrand, from the graphics and presentation to the description.

cozmicaztaway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Since one of if my superpowers is finding spelling errors (And making them...), "You need top place bombs with strategy to effectively kill your enemies." is making me irrationally annoyed. It's "to place", dang it!

Anyway, apparently Super Bomberman R is $40 on Steam, and that's also way too much money for Bomberman in this day and age

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cozmicaztaway: What if "top place bombs" are a type of bomb that has strategy? Then there wouldn't be a spelling error at all!

Super Bomberman R2 is also out and it's $50! WAY TOO MUCH FOR BOMBERMAN! Super Bomberman R was a Switch launch title, which is why it was priced the way it was. It's also not a great Bomberman, though it looks nice and clean, like an upscaled Gamecube game (which is really what you want from Bomberman.)

But Super Bomberman R has also been on sale for $8, which is not too much for Bomberman, and was a Games With Gold game, and there are other Bomberman games on Xbox, so if people really wanted to play Bomberman presumably they already have it.

I just don't know who this is going to sell to.

TheRealTurk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cozmicaztaway: That sentence alone is enough to give me the Inspector Dreyfus eye twitch.

ElectricViking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

Having been a blockbuster, DYNABLASTER® is a game for the strategic thinker whose smart tactics will instill fear in his competitors – playing online or local against others or against the computer.

Wasn't the entire pitch of the Amico that it avoided online interactions with all of those sick, perverted Nintendo degenerates? How is this in the spirit of Amico? HOW IS TOMMY GOING TO STAND FOR THIS FILTH????

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That explosion effect broke my damn heart.