Quick Look for Deathloop is the Last Item Listed in Search for "Deathloop"

EricGames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I hadn't visited GB in a while and wanted to see if there was a Quick Look for Deathloop. I almost left thinking there wasn't one. Here's what happened:

1. I searched for "Deathloop". The Quick Look was not on the first page of results. Strangely, the Unfinished video was.
  2. I picked "Quick Looks" from the dropdown on the main page. it automatically brought up the Quick Look for Pokémon Snap and some other older Quick Looks in the navigation below. (I'm guessing it defaulted to the last one I viewed.) I incorrectly assumed the navigation below was displaying the most recent Quick Looks.
  3. I only found the Deathloop Quick Look after going to the page with all videos and skimming the titles.

This may be an exceptional case and probably wouldn't be an issue for someone who was visiting GB more regularly, but there are those of us who fell off the site a bit. A couple tweaks might help returning users get back on the GB bicycle.

eccentrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 15

The search bar has never really been for searching for site content, I don't think. It's mostly a wiki thing. When looking for videos of a specific game, I go to the game's page and click the Videos section. Here's Deathloop's.

imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

I incorrectly assumed the navigation below was displaying the most recent Quick Looks.

Whether you're talking about the Carousel or the Quick Look option from the dropdown navigation I'm pretty sure this is exactly how it works? Deathloop is right there for me.

Besetment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Besetment

He's talking about typing "deathloop" in the site's search bar and hitting enter. He's right that the quick look for Deathloop isn't listed in the first page of results. Also, if you select "quick looks" from the main site page you might not necessarily see the quick look you want. What OP didn't do was search for "deathloop," then select the game page for deathloop and click on the videos tab. That's how people familiar with the site do it, but it's not all that intuitive.

Personally, I don't use the giant bomb search function at all. If I wanted to know about a quick look for deathloop, I would type "deathloop quick look" into google. Wouldn't you know it, first result. For specific stuff, I might throw a "giant bomb" in there. You really can't beat Google for searches, honestly. I know that isn't the answer you want, but there you go.

paulwgraham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I too think that the search comes across as a hot mess. This is a slightly worse problem on mobile than desktop. On desktop you can change the search scope on your first search from 'all' to 'video' using a dropdown. On mobile the dropdown doesn't appear until after your first search.

I think there is a chance that search could be greatly improved simply by ordering the results in reverse chronological (newest first) order. That would hopefully add a dimension of relevancy to what currently seems like a random grab bag of results.

eccentrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 15

@imhungry said:

@ericgames said:

I incorrectly assumed the navigation below was displaying the most recent Quick Looks.

Whether you're talking about the Carousel or the Quick Look option from the dropdown navigation I'm pretty sure this is exactly how it works? Deathloop is right there for me.

No, they're right, it automatically takes you to the last video you watched in a series, so if you watch one from years ago, the carousel will go there instead of to the latest videos.

noblenerf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unfortunately it's always been best to search GB outside of the site. Either on QL Crew or Google.

The most reliable way to find a video via the site is to go the game's wiki entry, and go to the videos tab. But for multi-game streams that can also be inaccurate. Shows aren't a reliable way to find videos because some either fall into another category, or are mislabelled.