Associations disappeared from page

eirikr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

On the Shin Megami Tensei IV page, all the character, concept, location, and object associations have disappeared. It doesn't look like vandalism, so I'm wondering if this is just a temporary database quirk or something else altogether. Hopefully it can be reverted, but if it can't it would be a shame as @soren and I have been painstakingly keeping the page updated over a year, especially on the hundreds of characters and concepts within the game.

Soren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

So, uh, could we get a word on this? Been pretty reluctant to resume editing in the meantime.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Hmm, I will ask about this. It might've been a hack fix to allow people to continue editing a page with too many associations, but I'll see.

eirikr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

eirikr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: Any word on this? The game launches in 2 weeks and the page could use an overhaul, but I know both @soren and I have been apprehensive to touch it because of the issue. Hell, I've been reluctant to do anything to the wiki since the relaunch, as many incorrect point totals and other issues have dogged contributions I've made after.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

@eirikr: Hey, sorry I didn't get back to you earlier. I did check with the engineers and they didn't find anything odd in the wiki edit logs with regards to this; it may have been a database issue of some obscure sort. Since I haven't heard of anything like this happening before or since, I'm going to assume that it's a one-off error. I think Danny was going to look into reverting it, but if it hasn't been yet that may not have been possible. :( He's out of the office until Monday; when he gets back I can try to ping him regarding this and see if any of his investigations popped up anything.