This Year's Best of Giant Bomb Podcasts

Burd_Dev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Burd_Dev

Hi folks! The This Year podcast was recently brought to my attention and I thought you all might find this interesting. For those new to it, it is/was a now defunct project that would curate clips from a number of different podcasts and produce yearly "best of" episodes; Giant Bomb being among those featured. There are 11 GB episodes running from 2008-2014 totaling to around 50 hours of content if memory serves. All of the episodes are hosted on archive.org, but that doesn't make for the most user friendly listening experience; particularly if you do your podcast consumption in the car like I do. To this end, I've created a RSS feed of the Giant Bomb episodes and have put it up on Github for easy access. Most podcast clients should allow you to specify a URL to pull from, consult your preferred app for more details. If anyone is familiar with podcast based XML/RSS feel free to make suggestions, I'd like to update things so that modern clients can pull art and metadata in the future.

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with This Year or Matthew Floratos. I'm just aiming to help folks enjoy some good old GB content.

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

The one celebrating Ryan was amazing. It was a bunch of amazing Ryan clips with the occasional break to play Suburban All-Star tracks (including the absurdly amazing “In the Can, in the Can”).

skuski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#3  Edited By skuski

Bumping this because it’s an absolute gold mine.

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I've been listening to Bombcasts c. 2009 this year basically going in order as the year progresses. I miss the old crew and site so much :( Just glad I was here when it was all new. A twitch stream that just rebroadcast old casts a la GBi would be nice. The site has simply not been the same since the pandemic. I have no interest in watching a bunch of random people play games on a zoom call anymore

ALSO This Year helped get me into other podcasts. The episodes on the Hotspot are essential for any GB fan. Uhh Yeah Dude was literally one of the first "comedy podcasts" and is still going strong now almost 1000 eps later. There may have been others but I can't get on Matthew's site atm

eccentrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 15

A twitch stream that just rebroadcast old casts a la GBi would be nice.

It's not Twitch, but here you go