Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

Edited By Desuroku

1. HITMAN

No Caption Provided

HITMAN is my favourite game in the franchise and the best one since Hitman Blood Money. It's easily one of the best stealth games ever created with large levels that we can explore and plenty of ways to assassinate your target(s). Playing this game was one of the best gaming experiences I've ever had and my favourite this generation.

2. DiRT Rally

No Caption Provided

The past 3 DiRT games (4 if you count DiRT Showdown) were fun to play and they were great racing games but I felt like it was time for the DiRT franchise to drop the 'dude-bro' persona and go back to its professional Colin McRae roots. Oh boy did it deliver. DiRT Rally is a hard game that I can't stop playing, it's one of the most unhealthy abusive relationships I've ever had with a video game. Stockholm Syndrome is a blessing and a curse.

3. Life Is Strange

No Caption Provided

Let's cry together! I don't care if there are hundreds of plot-holes, I don't care if the graphics are mediocre and I don't care if the writing isn't the best. Life Is Strange was one of the most emotional journeys I've been through and it made me cry like a bitch. The soundtrack is amazing, I fell in love with the characters and I think DONTNOD has beaten Telltale at their own game. "Bae > Bay" and that's all I've got to say.

4. Rise of the Tomb Raider

No Caption Provided

There's something about this game that I just can't stop playing it until I finished it. I loved every second of the Tomb Raider reboot in 2013 and this is no different. Every gameplay element flows together nicely, I specifically loved playing Tomb Raider stealthily as just killing enemies one by one is very satisfying for me. This is a franchise that I will certainly stick with.

5. Until Dawn

No Caption Provided

I'm not a huge Horror fan but I thought Until Dawn was an amazing journey. I loved the story, I loved the characters and the game looks gorgeous. Not many games go though development Hell and comeback a stellar product but Until Dawn has broken that stigma. I can't wait for Supermassive Games' next Interactive Cinema.

6. Transistor

No Caption Provided

Beautiful visuals, fantastic music, brilliant strategic gameplay and a unique story Transistor was a blissful experience I'm not into RPG games but Transistor won me over. Most people who loved (SuperGiant Games' first game) Bastion might have a slight disappointment for Transistor although those feelings didn't apply to me. I loved this game and it was one of my favourites of this generation.

7. Forza Horizon 2

No Caption Provided

I like this better than its sequel. The open world feels better here than it did in Forza Horizon 3's Australia. And while it is more of the same as the first game that's not a bad thing. It's just more free roam chaos for my friends and I.

8. Mortal Kombat X

No Caption Provided

Who says fighting games can't have excellent stories? Mortal Kombat in 2011 has broken that stigma and they continue do that in 2015 in the 10th game of the franchise. The beautiful gore, the painful fatalities and a cinematic storyline to tie everything together. This game is a joy to play through.

9. Forza Horizon 3

No Caption Provided

I love the Forza Horizon series and while this franchise has been more of the same since 2012 there's still plenty to love about Forza Horizon 3. The game looks beautiful, the driving is still incredibly fun and there's a lot to do in Turn 10's remodelled Australia and that's not including the Blizzard Mountain and Hot Wheels expansion packs.

10. Sunset Overdrive

No Caption Provided

One of the early released games this generation but an experience that I will never forget. The Ratchet and Clank creators have given the stale Xbox exclusives line some much needed flavour. This game filled a Jet-Set-Radio-Future-shaped hole in my heart that was missing for many years.

Honourable Mentions.

Gran Turismo Sport

No Caption Provided

This game just cuts straight to the action it's just all filled with fast cars and it cuts all of the slower road cars out and I like that. I bought and played this game after all of the patches and updates so I didn't go through any launch day teething problems that other people went through. It's a relaxing game as a you can crate your own liveries and play around in photo mode. It's also a game on edge as it has a strict multiplayer experience. This is a work of art.

Life Is Strange: Before the Storm

No Caption Provided

I wasn't as emotional when I was playing this game compared to my experience with the first game. But it still won me over. I loved three out of the four episodes, if episode 3 was written than it would probably in my top 10. The soundtrack is absolutely great and I loved the characters almost as much as the first game.

DriveClub

No Caption Provided

DriveClub had a rough launch I'm sure plenty of people are aware of that. But despite the terrible launch, Evolution Studios stuck by the game. They patched it, added a tonne of DLC and extra content, Evolution Studios never gave up and eventually won a lot of people over. Through all of those rigorous updates and downloadable content, DriveClub blossomed into a game I absolutely adored.

Project CARS 2

No Caption Provided

Project CARS 2 is what an improved sequel should be. A sequel that’s improved so much that it's almost impossible to go back to its predecessor and that game was great. The handling is incredible on a steering wheel or a controller, the expanded track selection is unmatched and boasts dynamic time and weather on every one, the much-improved car selection hits a whole host of fan-favourite beats, and the sound is seriously stunning. For driving enthusiasts there’s an absolute ocean of content, I loved it so much that I bought all of the DLC.

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

HITMAN at #1, and Forza Horizon 2 over Horizon 3? This is a good list.

I also agree with putting Burnout; Revenge above Burnout: Paradise on your 7th gen list.

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

Much like your 7th gen list, I’m not into racers, but this list is solid. Hitman is an amazing series of isolated sandboxes, Rise of the Tomb Raider is a top-tier action game, Sunset Overdrive is absurd, fun, and a blast to play, Life is Strange went for something that wasn’t for me at all, but nailed it spot-on.

I did not see the appeal of Until Dawn at all. Horror, cheese, story/decisions, Peter Stormare...I grabbed a copy pretty shoetly after launch but was super disappointed when the characters fell flat and the horror was more like Scooby Doo than anything resembling horror. I love playing through story games and horror games, but just couldn’t enjoy this one.

Still, solid list.