Blue Apron?

richinjapan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By richinjapan

Hey guys! I want to try out Blue Apron, and I remember they sponsored the Beastcast a few weeks ago. How do I go about making sure the Beastcast gets credit for it?

Also, anyone try it? Thoughts?

btrdeadthanred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ahh shit, I've been trying to remember that promocode myself

Avatar image for deactivated-5e6e407163fd7
deactivated-5e6e407163fd7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

I think it's just blueapron.com/beastcast. That's at least the formatting for WTF's sponsor through them. I haven't tried Blue Apron, but I've tried Sunbasket and it was pretty cool-same idea as blue apron.

richinjapan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sloppydetective: That seems to be it! It appears to properly credit the Giant Beastcast, and it gets you $30 off. The ad-read is misleading, though. I think they have Vinny say "your first 3 meals free" -- but what they mean is, your first three SERVINGS are free. It's $60 a week for the cheapest plan -- $9.99 a serving.

Still, I'll give it a shot. I'm not excited about all the options but maybe it'll spur me to think more about my food.

Dr_Beaverah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Dr_Beaverah

My fiancé and I have my doing blue apron for about 5 months now - love it! It gets a litttttle pricey, though.

BoFooQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

My only problem was is that they continue to charge you until you cancel. You can skip any week you want, but you have skip it ahead of time. Cause of my schedule I wanted to order when I knew I would be home, but was told to go online and skip every week but the ones I wanted. Seems like it would be easier for me, if I could go online and order when I wanted. I'm sure they prefer to bill people until they remember to cancel. Food was good just not the most convenient thing for my life.

Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Just a heads up, they do provide recipes on their website for free.
If there's something you fancy, you can go to the store and get the ingredients.

InsidiousTuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My roommate subscribes to Blue Apron and loves it. He gets the smaller deal- 3 2-serving meals- and makes everything on Sundays, portioning stuff out for lunches and dinners throughout the work week. The recipes are really great- I'm a practiced cook and I love having a bigass binder in our kitchen with these excellent recipes. It's a good way to learn better cooking skills and flavor combinations, too. Like OP said, it'll spur you to think more about food, if nothing else.

j_unit2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I subscribed to a similar service (Home Chef) and was not a fan. My hope for the service was that it could essentially replace most of my grocery shopping/planning with these meals. The problem was that the dishes you make don't really provide leftovers so I ended up having to find a lot more food to make anyways. Plus it's rather expensive for the amount of food you get.

I ended up getting eMeals which I've had for the past 11 months or so and have really loved it. Basically, what it does is give you meal plan options ranging from categories like budget to paleo meals and gives you 7 recipes a week to choose from. It then populates a grocery list for you with ingredients that generally carry over between recipes to reduce getting more than what you need to buy. It's $60 a year and I'm definitely going to re-up my subscription.

Ericjasonwade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sloppydetective: That seems to be it! It appears to properly credit the Giant Beastcast, and it gets you $30 off. The ad-read is misleading, though. I think they have Vinny say "your first 3 meals free" -- but what they mean is, your first three SERVINGS are free. It's $60 a week for the cheapest plan -- $9.99 a serving.

Still, I'll give it a shot. I'm not excited about all the options but maybe it'll spur me to think more about my food.

Yea I ran into this as well. It is misleading and I was hoping it was more of a risk free trial. I was really hoping to trying it but I'm not willing to throw down 30$ on it.