Beastcast or Bombcast?

yamm77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Lately I’ve seen a lot of comments, here and on the site, about how many choose to listen to the Beastcast over the Bombcast.

I try to listen to both (Wed - Fri commute for Bombcast, following Mon - Wed commute for Beastcast) but not always able.

I do find myself leaning towards Beastcast more these days though. I think Dan is one reason - his energy and zest for things is always fun. Plus Vinny is America’s sweetheart.

So why do you choose one over the other? Or both?

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By BisonHero

I think the video is making the Bombcast slightly worse. I have no intention of ever watching the video version, and every so often someone does something visual and doesn’t explain it, and whatever happened makes no sense to audio-only listeners. I don’t have infinite time to watch GB video, so when I do it’s always going to be videos related to games, not a video of the staff sitting around a desk for 3 hours.

Conversely, if something visual is ever done on the Beastcast, Vinny or someone almost always says “for listeners at home, Dan has just [explains visual action].”

Overall I think Vinny is a better producer/host and the Beastcast is overall more considerate of its audience.

However, both Brad and Abby need to listen to the other’s podcast more, so that they stop both picking the same emails that were just answered by the other podcast.

BonelessSpirit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It used to be the Beastcast but when Austin left it wasn't quite the same. I tend to lean more towards the Bombcast now. While the Beastcast has fun moments, I feel like the Bombcast goes deeper on various topics. I enjoy both though.

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I listen to them both. Between commutes and low-thought work (dishes, mowing, vacuuming, etc), I have the time.

If I was forced to choose, it’d be the Beastcast. The Beastcast never feels like you’re listening to an obligation. That’s not always true of the Bombcast these days.

I dig both, but East Coast wins this debate, for me.

Avatar image for deactivated-647f76b346730
deactivated-647f76b346730

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bombcast every week. Beastcast if I have time.

bmccann42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both, they get me through my walks to and from work.

shiftygism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Love both, but the Beastcast I love just a little bit more.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By cikame

Bombcast, but i like both.

I ignored the video version of it for a bit but it's nice having these dudes chatting on my 2nd monitor, and i love the little banner with the topics cus i miss what they're talking about all the time.

I like the Beastcast too, i get my overdose of Dan stupidity and Abby's fun.

No Caption Provided
FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

I like both equally.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Beastcast, although neither of them make me laugh like I used to, it could be a sign of the times, the cast, me, I dont know.

They're still entertaining though, and i'd gladly listen to more podcasts from them, it doesnt have to be about videogames.

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boozak: It’s not you. The original 4 stuff was gold every week. I still love the shows and listen to every episode, but things like Vinny’s Shameful Domino’s Order used to be weekly occurrences.

doombot13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both are great, I like Beastcast slightly more. I'd love it if we could swap people regularly between them but I realize that's insane. I just love it when East and West mix.

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I listen to both, although recently I think I prefer the Beastcast, due to the chemistry of the hosts...

Rebel_Scum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Bombcast I prefer. I'm not a big fan of the east coast content so much as I find its too jokey even though I like each of the staff.

Avatar image for not_a_bumblebee
not_a_bumblebee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I love both but push comes to shove I an original Bombcast guy.

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By nutter

Jeff’s pitch for a new James Bond game was pretty goddamn good this week. It also made me miss Ryan tremendously, as I feel like that joke was putting the ball of a damned tee for him.

It was a taste of that magic Jeff still brings.

EDIT: Though the confused bewilderment surrounding how one drives a car made me want to chase fools out of my iphone speaker...

emprpngn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I like both. I tend to keep up with the Bombcast more consistently, mostly out of habit I suppose.

Harryzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I started listening(and watching in the case of the Bombcast) in December last year. I really enjoy them both, I wish sometimes that the Beastcast had a video version. Other than that I really enjoy them both, they both have their own unique hosts.

wmoyer83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 6

I tend to travel a lot (driving for 2+ hours) back and forth so I like to listen to the Bombcast to and the Beastcast fro. I enjoy them both equally.

norm9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

West Coast is the best coast so you know the deal.

mozzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By mozzle

Bombcast for the there take on the news, and better emails. Beastcast for the energy and sillyness.

XackyB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beastcast is my favorite. Seeing it in my queue, starting it up and hearing the opening theme kind of sets the mood for my Friday. It’s got a fun energy that works so well for kicking off the weekend.

Bombcast is great too, for other reasons!

bmccann42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It all kind of depends, some weeks it's the Beastcast, and some weeks it's the Bombcast.

Love Brad, but the weeks when it is just Jeff, Jason, Ben and Jan tend to go wonderfully off the rails in unexpected ways.

I will be very interested to see who replaces Dan on the Beastcast, though he really was such a unique presence that I wouldn't aim to get someone just like him. Natalie from Waypoint might be a nice grab, or borrow Ashley from Gamespot to supplement Mike Mahardy some weeks.

mikachops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#24  Edited By mikachops

Beastcast >= Aftermath >>>>>>> Bombcast

I genuinely get excited when there's a new Aftermath in my queue. Great way to ease into my day. Beastcast might be my favourite regular podcast ever.

Bombcast just aint it anymore I'm sad to say. The thing that makes VInny a great host is that he lets discussions run to their natural conclusion, no matter how long or wide the tangent. But more importantly, he gives room for tangents to happen naturally (shoutout to Waypoint radio for also being great at this). There are for sure off beat things happening in the Bombcast each week but there's a real stiltedness to how they begin and end and often not everyone is on board or contributing. The Beastcast feels like a real team effort with everyone engaged. Bombcast often feels like work.

This isn't a knock against Brad or anyone either, because Tech Pod is quickly becoming one of my favs, but someone needs to open a window and let some fresh air into the Bombcast.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@machokingrandy: If you dislike most of the staff, maybe these podcasts aren't for you.

MachoKingRandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csl316: Yeah since 3 out of 8 is "MOST". Thanks, though, genius. 🙄

thomaswangzisu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think I like Beastcast more, but for a weird reason. I like the whole site more when it's more ramshackle. More of a 'fuck it, let's just do this dumb thing' vibe. Beastcast has more of that spirit now, Vinny is more willing to let it run wild. Now, a lot of the stuff are more produced and polished. Somehow, just doesn't feel as much 'dumb fun' as before. Same reason, I always love the period after E3 when not much newsy stuff happens, the staff can more freely just do whatever. Feels like summer vacation for me, maybe? Beastcast 109 and 111 and the emergence of Jeremiah are still my favorites.

SuperKMx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both. I've more than enough listening time while walking or working to listen to both.

I used to prefer the Bombcast, but the Beastcast has grown on me over the last year or so, for sure.