New FMV game from Tim Follin/BaggyCat Studios. Out on Steam Nov 19th!

malleus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Tim Follin, the creator of Contradiction, is finally releasing his next FMV project! It'll be out on Steam Nov 19th.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1450830/At_Dead_Of_Night/

I'm really looking forward to this! Sounds like Tim has put a lot of effort into the game over the past 5 years. Here's one of his recent updates:

"At long last At Dead of Night is almost finished. Like everything I've ever done it's an experiment - both technically and conceptually - and as such I can't guarantee you'll like it, but I've spent literally years on it now, mostly in a protracted process of trial and error, so at least I can guarantee that it's the product of many years' worth of blood, sweat, tears and general emotional damage. For what it's worth."

Looks like Magnus Sindling (Simon from Contradiction) is back in a leading role in the new game. I hope some of the other original cast members make an appearance too!

Avatar image for atheistpreacher
AtheistPreacher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh my goodness. If the GB crew doesn't play this I'm going to riot. Contradiction was just too much fun.

OMGFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks good. Shame it didn't come out in time for the Halloween streams.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

I still maintain that the Contradiction play through is one of the best video series that GB East has ever done. Can’t wait to see some more of their work.

noblenerf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heck yeah!

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This looks so cool.

Fistoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

I see a scrying mirror in the trailer. This game looks rad as hell, definitely going to give it a whirl

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

Didn’t know they were making a new game. That gameplay trailer on Steam with the FMV movement looks really impressive. Games have done stuff like this before, but I don’t think I’ve seen anything that looks that good.

Relkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

This seems awesome? Did not expect the real-time stealth gameplay when I loaded up that trailer.

ToughShed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't wait to watch Vinny get taken out by that psycho at least several times.

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atheistpreacher: Agreed...and man, I really hope they can find time to do it in the small window left that Abby is still with the site.

TheFlamingo352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Excellent, love to see 'em branching out with the design. Can't wait.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

Im not crazy, that was benedict cumberbotch as the killer?

Buying when available even if i never play it. After contradiction i said i would buy whatever tim does next. Cant wait.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

Great news! Good looking out, OP.

Elwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By Elwood

Looks great, looking forward to more FMV, also there is The Dark Side of the Moon coming soonish, with some old friends from Contradiction :)

onlineatron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By onlineatron

I spent some time thinking of a fake question to justify bumping this thread but honestly I’m just rewatching the Contradiction playthrough which is so good and really makes me want a QL of this new game but I’m worried it has passed the crew by so um yeah...

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@onlineatron: 2020 was overall a pretty rough year for QLs of smaller games with minimal marketing campaigns. The major console and PC retail games got QLs, and so did <$40 indie games but only if the developer has a very strong pedigree or they’re one of the critical indie darlings of the year (Hades, Spiritfarer, etc.) or the game was very flavour of the month when not much came out that month (Monster Train, etc.).

Due to the restricted production pipeline at GB (I assume), the smaller games that are “interesting but not for everybody” or “ambitious but flawed” just kinda fell by the wayside a lot of the time this year with no coverage. :(

Nuttism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm conflicted about this. One one hand I absolutely LOVED Contradiction: Spot the Liar, and think it's great that Magnus Sidling is returning, one the other hand, I don't really play horror games (because I'm a giant pansy) and a big part of the draw of Contradiction for me was the "Midsommer Mysteries", silly investigation taken very seriously, tone.

onlineatron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By onlineatron

@bisonhero: Oh for sure for sure! I know they’re very busy, and all the stuff they’ve had to do behind the scenes to get features going sounds wild! I’m just curious if they saw this and decided it wasn’t worthwhile, saw it but didn’t realise it’s from the Contradiction folks, saw it and are planning to do something later, or just plain old didn’t see it.