Instacast iPhone (Subscriber video downloads)

Hooded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Hooded

So I use Instacast on iPhone, it seems to be the best app to download podcasts and streams. I did have Giantbombs subscriber feed set up, however its recently stopped working, has this happened to anyone else? Its like the feed has just stopped. Unless its just me?

I would try to re-add the stream however I cant find the links, so if someone can post / message me them that would be great. :)

Thanks

Hooded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Hooded

Thanks for the replies :/

Lashe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Lashe

@Hooded: Hey, I just had the same problem today finding a feed for the Endurance Run. I ran into a problem where I would have an 'Authentication Failed' loop. The following worked for me:

1. Sign out of Giantbomb
  2. Go to http://www.giantbomb.com/feeds/
  3. Choose the feed you wish to subscribe to
  4. When the browser prompts, enter your username (all lower case) and password
  5. The URL at the top will look like the following http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/feed/mobile/5/?token=lotsofnumbersandletters
  6. Enter this URL into Instacast and it should add absolutely fine

It has worked for just now, I'm wondering if there is an expiry on the token but so far so good!

Hope that helps.

Hooded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Hooded

@Lashe: OH dude, your AWESOME!! That worked great. Thanks so much. :)

wizpig64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By wizpig64

does anyone know if/when this token (@Lasche's step 5) expires?

gauzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By gauzy

This method worked on the iPhone, briefly. I set up iCloud sync, and so when it synced to my iPad, it popped up an authentication panel, and failed to authenticate. I hit cancel, and it removed the feed. The feed removal might be working as intended from an app standpoint, but I wish I could get it authenticating properly to avoid this. Any other ideas?

UPDATE: Tried it again, it authenticated and synced, and then when I tapped refresh it threw up the authentication box, which again failed to authenticate. Tried entering username and email address, both failed. Cancelled and it didn't remove the subscriber feed this time. Same result on both iPhone and iPad.

Vinterbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Vinterbird

@Gauzy: Has anyone contacted whiskey Support or Instacast regarding the issue, to see where the issue lies?

fwitness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By fwitness

@Vinterbird: Nope. We should though, this seems to be the AppleTV solution if we get it to work.

fredpd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By fredpd

This only works for me for about a day, then I need to repeat the process of logging out and back in.

I would to see a permanent solution to this! Any ideas?

soup_menu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By soup_menu

@fwitness: Your mention of Apple TV caught my eye. This past weekend I released an iOS version of Whiskey Media Video Buddy and it supports AirPlay. It doesn't have the ability to download videos yet, so it wouldn't be a viable replacement for Instacast while away from WiFi, but it should be up to the task of sending video to an Apple TV.