games.directory - A new gaming platform for all your gaming needs

pacMakaveli90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Evening fellow gamers,

After months of development I am finally releasing games.directory to the world. It's currently in Alpha stage and improvements are made every day, hoping the first beta will be ready by the end of May.

games.directory is a community of gamers which allows you, the gamer, to connect your gaming platforms and sync your games, achievements, progress and more.

I'm currently supporting the following platforms with the following sync data:

PlayStation Network - Sync games ( trophies coming very very soon! )

Xbox Live - Sync games

Steam - Sync games

Battlenet - Nothing yet, I'm focusing on finishing the first 3 before dwelling in Battlenet.

Anyway, there's more to say about this, but any questions, post them here and I'll answer asap. Looking forward to see you there and your feedback.

http://games.directory

clidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By clidus

Cool website duder,

Out of curiosity, how are you getting data from PSN and Xbox Live?

Also, I noticed you require users to enter their SteamID. For a better experience you can ask for their vanity name and lookup their ID using this API:

http://api.steampowered.com/ISteamUser/ResolveVanityURL/v0001/?key=XXXXX&vanityurl=clidus

Also curious to know what appoatch you took to matching games on the relative services to the Giant Bomb database, as its something I'm looking to do with Steam myself.

wohclams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The site looks really cool.

I'm also curious how you're getting the PSN and Xbox Live data? And how you're matching games across Giantbomb and those networks?

pacMakaveli90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By pacMakaveli90

@clidus: Thanks!

@clidus@wohclams

For PSN I am using my own API from a reversed engineered Android app. I do plan to release the API to the public for free, once I integrate it fully into games.directory and I get the time to sort it properly with authentication and request limits etc..

For Xbox Live I use xboxapi.com which is not exactly the best, due to rate limitations.

Thanks for the tip regarding STEAM, I knew SteamID was going to be a pain and I was planning to look into doing something like that.. so thanks for the link.

As for matching GB with PSN/XBOX/STEAM.. at first there was a simple SQL query ( ruby ) Game.where('name LIKE ?', '%game%'). But I was getting mixed results. The new updated games.directory is using an Elasticsearch advanced algorithm for matching the games by using their name, platform and release date which gives me a 90-95% match.

All code is available on github, btw. studio51/games.directory

EDIT: I thought I should clarify that I am not doing the Elasticsearch query myself, just using it's magic. I'm only passing name, date, platform to get more accurate results.

In SQL I used to do something like "SELECT * FROM games WHERE name LIKE '%Uncharted%'"

Whereas Elasticsearch has it's own advanced algorithm for matching objects.

https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/current/query-dsl-query-string-query.html

clidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I was thinking along the lines of elasticsearch. Good to see you've had great success with it.