Can I get my API key unblocked? Never used multiple API keys.

prewaroregon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By prewaroregon

Hello! I was just wondering if I could get my API key unblocked? It says that I used multiple API keys, but I know that I have not, so I'm confused as to why mine was blocked.

The warning says wait 24 hours, but my key has not been unblocked for several days.

alecgdouglas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By alecgdouglas

Is it actually blocked? I get that 24 hour warning a lot on giantbomb.com/api during development (despite only using a single API key) but it doesn't seem to have any effect. Are your requests failing?

However, it might be a bit different from your situation since it seems to come and go pretty frequently (i.e. I'll refresh the page 5 minutes later and it's gone).

prewaroregon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never mind. While giantbomb.com/api still tells me my key is blocked every time after I make a request, I am still able to make the request and get the data. So, I'm not sure what is going on with that. Nevertheless, my issue turned out to be that my app was not ready for the SSL change. I thought I was blocked because my app was retrieving data just fine a couple days ago and then suddenly stopped working. I thought it would have been able to survive the SSL change.

All is good for me now though. Thank you!