API - 403: Forbidden "Are You Human"

InnerAnthony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By InnerAnthony

I've been writing a little app in Python that uses the `/game/` endpoint to check a games platform and genre associations. When I was testing multiple queries the app started throwing "403: Forbidden" with the body containing the "Are You Human" page. During my test, I put very restrictive throttling in place. 1 API query per 20 seconds which is 3 per minute - 180 per hour max. Within the rate limiting and Should be within any velocity limits (they are unspecified). However, despite this, i was still hit with the "Are You Human" page both in my browser and on my local dev box.

I was able to pass the "Are You Human" check in my browser, obviously, but my dev box isn't able to and has been getting the 403 for > 24 hours now. How do I go about resolving this?

I was originally using a urllib2 `User-Agent` header of 'Mozilla/5.0' but changed that after reading through some posts stating it should be set to something custom that describes the application. However, the change doesn't seem to have fixed the problem, and I coIldn't find any information anywhere on how to resolve this.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!