Is It Too Late to Get Into Animal Crossing New Horizons?

irishfriar212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Howdy Bombers,

I realize I'm quite late on the Nintendo Switch train but now that it is back in stock on Amazon, I was thinking about finally picking one up. I absolutely LOVED the Gamecube Animal Crossing and essentially treated it as a single player game whereas this new Animal Crossing seems pretty heavily multiplayer-oriented... That being said, have I kinda missed the initial multiplayer wave now that it is months into the game's life? Or can one still treat this game as a fairly individual activity?

Thanks!

- irishfriar212

jstaunton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@irishfriar212: it's not too late at all. In fact, you'll now be able to make full use of the diving/swimming ability and there's the Halloween update which I would have loved if I still played the game.

I got 80 hours out of my New Horizons play through, and I got a lot out of it. Me buying it in the first place was definitely motivated by wanting to get in on the zeitgeist of it all (and I only started playing it about a week after it came out) but if you enjoyed it on the GameCube you won't need that kickstart.

noboners

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I certainly don't think so. I still play AC about 5 days a week and have close to 500 hours in it. The multiplayer aspect of the game is actually pretty minimal, especially now that Dream Suites are added which allow the visiting of an island without the host having to be online.

I, personally, think that the MP stuff in the game sort of ruined some of the need for people to keep playing. I have played the majority of my game solo, despite my girlfriend also having a copy, and we both found the multiplayer to just be slightly too cumbersome to ever utilize more than "open up your island so I can visit your shops." Especially since you cannot terraform/shoot down balloons when you have someone visiting.

The fishing/bug tournaments are certainly easier in multiplayer, but because the game keeps track of cumulative fish/bug caught during the quarterly tournaments, I don't think you're supposed to finish it in one sitting anyways.

Basically, if you enjoyed AC on GC, and are okay with the extra customization options/slow start, I think you will enjoy NH. And like the previous poster stated, the Halloween update was pretty cool, and the support Nintendo has continued to show the game is encouraging that more good stuff is to come.

Avatar image for vincentvendetta
VincentVendetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

It's never too late.

One of us, one of us...