Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Firefighter

Concept »

Someone who fights fire.

What could/should a high-profile firefighter game look like?

hans_maulwurf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By hans_maulwurf

So during the most recent demo derby, when they played the konami firefighter game, Jeff was mentioning that you could probably make a real pretty looking firefighter themed game today.

What do you think that would even look like? Does the imagination of game designers in that regard begin and end with “make it like a shooter”, with a shotgun and an assault rifle hose? Or is there more that could be done with the concept? Would you even be interested in such a game if done right?

I played a lot of 911 First responders, and the real-time tactics micromanagement focus there worked really well imo. But that is obviously a niche approach that most definitely wouldn’t work for a big-budget game. And I kind of like at least the general idea of the konami game to center it all around a clichéd action drama story.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I hope Drew tries to dig up a copy for an UPF or something, because the story and voice acting seemed terrible in a great way. That or GBE needs to consider a Playdate.

As for a modern firefighter game...well, the first thing that comes to my mind is the fire spreading around in a very realistic manner and actually damaging the surroundings. Like a wooden floor burning away and physics coming into the play at the same time, causing you to fall through the floor if it's in a bad enough shape or just some debris falling on you. Obviously something like that would probably require plenty of horsepower, at least if it wouldn't be mainly scripted like the Chateau level in Uncharted 3.

Loading Video...

I'd be on board for an action game with a dramatic story, that also looked really good, though you could probably cut the nefarious villain and angry newsreporter lady from it...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.