Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy XIII-2

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Dec 15, 2011

Final Fantasy XIII-2 is a direct sequel to Final Fantasy XIII released by Square Enix in early 2012.

99,999 Damage Trophy

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By musubi

Anyone know a decent way to do this? I just beat Long Gui had him staggered at 999.99% and Used Noel's Meteor Javelin and still didn't get the damn thing. =\

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Turambar

Would damage dealt by a monster count, or does it have to be a party member?  Also Longui has an elemental weakness while staggered but is normal to physical, so something other than meteor javelin would be a better choice.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By musubi

@Turambar: I think the requirements are just doing 99,999 damage with a single blow regardless of who does it.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Turambar
    @Demoskinos: If that's the case, the likes of end game late bloomers like Twilight Odin have disgusting stat growths past the 60s and 70s level range. Farm up, level up, and see if they can hit for that much.
    musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By musubi

Well, off to fight Yomi...apparently one of the most difficult fight in the game. Last boss in the Steppes I need to beat. Then I just gotta fill out thebestiary and I'll be done and Platnium'd at least I think....

ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By ZenaxPure

The key is to make sure you do it during scourge. Also make sure the enemy has deprotect on him. I got it on the final boss by just waiting until the stagger meter was about to empty then had a normal attack for 99,999. Since you use the buff monster may as well toss bravery up, but the real trick is just doing it with scourge.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Turambar
    @Demoskinos said:

Well, off to fight Yomi...apparently one of the most difficult fight in the game. Last boss in the Steppes I need to beat. Then I just gotta fill out thebestiary and I'll be done and Platnium'd at least I think....

Not really a hard fight actually.  The thing people forget is potions with the hypnocrown heals for far more than any medic spell.  Just stock up on potions, wound potions, and spam the heck out of poison when he is not invincible with a sab/sab/sen and switch to sen/sen/med when he is to heal up/when he does his hard hitting aoe.
    ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ZenaxPure
    @Turambar said:
    @Demoskinos said:

and spam the heck out of poison when he is not invincible 
    What's the fun in that :P 

But yeah that strat makes almost everything a joke, did the same in FF13 as well. I dunno, I mean it is legit for sure but it always felt like cheesing encounters to me. Kinda wished they'd removed poison in 13-2.
    beforet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By beforet

@Zenaxzd said:

@Turambar said:
    @Demoskinos said:

and spam the heck out of poison when he is not invincible
    What's the fun in that :P But yeah that strat makes almost everything a joke, did the same in FF13 as well. I dunno, I mean it is legit for sure but it always felt like cheesing encounters to me. Kinda wished they'd removed poison in 13-2.

Well, spamming poison was the only way I could beat the last mark in 13-1. At least, beat him in a way that didn't take 6 hours.

And Long Gui is back? I hated that fucker in 13, if only because he had no use other than the trophy. Is he better here at least?

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By mordukai

@Demoskinos: off topic question. Why the Ziggler?

ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ZenaxPure
    @Beforet: I actually find that really interesting as I never had trouble with that mission and never used poison since I do really feel like it cheeses the experience. Well, I assume we're talking about the same mission, Vercigetorix right?  

He (now replaced with the name Yomi), a Long Gui, Neochu, and an Immortal (those weird horse robot dudes that summoned swords) are all back as postgame bosses . The only reason Yomi is pretty tough in this game is because of wound damage though. 

Long Gui on the other hand is harder because he does wound damage and you can not use a summon to break his legs in this game. More challenging is the word I would use, so you can consider that better or worse on your own.
    beforet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By beforet

@Zenaxzd: That they brought back those three guys is kinda a bummer. I didn't find them to be terribly great bosses in 13, though that's on me. I guess you can say I cheesed on all of those bosses. Neo-Ochu I spammed death on back when I had no business fighting him (I wanted that growth egg) and used the instant chain ability when I needed to five star him, and Long Gui I...also spammed death on (for the damage). Though I guess I could have figured out a legit strategy had I not just wanted the trophy, which may have enriched the experience. Which was my main problem in 13; I didn't feel there was any real payoff for doing the postgame stuff. You were basically killing those guys for the trophies involved. I can only hope 13 rectifies that (haven't started playing, so I can't really add anything to the discussion on hand).

Though I'm interested in how you killed Vercigetorix. I tried without poison the first time because that sounded really lame, but I couldn't do enough damage before he started healing.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By musubi

Beat Yomi first try. Went the poison route. Honestly If I had brought along my RAV choco instead of my SYN monster could have probally gone more on the offense as my silver choco was a goddamn amazing SEN. Yomi was all over him the entire fight giving serah and noel time to get casts in. Now I just have to get the other paradox endings...and get complete entries for every monster in the game. -_-;; Man...that last one...is gonna suck.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By musubi

@Mordukai: Why Ziggler? Because i think he is the most talented worker in WWE right now. His in-ring skills are amazing and he deserves to be champion.

ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ZenaxPure
    @Beforet: Punched the shit out of him without using auto battle, cause you know, it's bad. Nothing really out of the norm, switch to Sen/Sen/Sen for the big attacks, and stuff like that. I did fight him a few times though, and my 5 star might of been with poison (been years at this point and I literally can not remember) but I went back a few times and did it without. It wasn't pretty but it was a lot more rewarding. I am still playing my PS3 copy every now and then, I will remember exactly how the shit everything worked when I get back to him.

I don't think you should look at the game to reward you though, or at least that is a bad mentality to approach any game with. Figuring out strategies and then executing on those and getting my 5 stars without having to cheese bosses is the only reward I needed, it was fun and challenging. Personally all I really want from postgame RPGs are challenging encounters to test my skill against. Something the FF series sorely lacked until FF12. 

What sort of payoff are you looking for exactly in postgame content?
    ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ZenaxPure
    @Demoskinos: Yeah, I just went tri-disaster and staggered Yomi in a couple of seconds and then did as much damage as I could before he bubbled up, then I just used that time to rebuff. It works fine but like Long Gui I did not have the best weapons nor max level so it wasn't a clean kill. 

By the way, for the bestiary I would suggest using this text file. Found it over at gamefaqs and it saved my life. Gives weather and locations for every Steppes creature and will mark if something is a rare vortex spawn. It was a life saver.
    musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By musubi

@Zenaxzd said:

@Demoskinos: Yeah, I just went tri-disaster and staggered Yomi in a couple of seconds and then did as much damage as I could before he bubbled up, then I just used that time to rebuff. It works fine but like Long Gui I did not have the best weapons nor max level so it wasn't a clean kill.

By the way, for the bestiary I would suggest using this text file. Found it over at gamefaqs and it saved my life. Gives weather and locations for every Steppes creature and will mark if something is a rare vortex spawn. It was a life saver.

Yeah...doing that now. *sigh* This is going to take a while.

ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ZenaxPure
    @Demoskinos: Worst is the damn Academia 500 one! Fuck that Proto-behemoth, and fuck the beast spawn guys. After that though it was kind of a breeze. Then you can experience the magic of double game speed! (which I was just using to get a few rare items, it's so nice) 

Btw, do you remember how long your Yomi kill was? I was curious how things would go in my team's current state and I managed to beat him again without poison in 8 minutes and 7 seconds. Not bad for myself, I think. I also don't use brave/faith either because I hate not having Com/Rav/Med pets. I really quite enjoy the fight I have to say, pretty demanding paradigm swapping if you are going at it without poison. I think I will give mission 64 a try again for  @Beforet: to remember what the heck I did. I imagine it's similar to yomi since the fights are almost exactly the same (though I can't remember if the mission in FF13 used that annoying debuff breath). Also worth noting I roll with monsters I like, which was a Com Cactuar, blue chocobo, and Flan-healer. Probably could go a bit faster if I swapped in cloudburst/chichu but fuck that.
    ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ZenaxPure
    @Beforet: Well I went back and messed around to figure out how I did it, took a bit but I remember my strategy and killed him with 5 stars without poison ever going up (even by accident since Hope is a dick and has poisonaga).

Setup and strat were: 

Lightning/Snow/Hope with Tri-class for every paradigm.

Spent the first part of the fight buffing. Wanted every buff because his debuff ability takes a first come first serve approach. Basically wanted to put Faith and Haste at the back of the buff line, so when he debuffed they would never get removed. In the case that they did it's important to switch and put them up again no matter what you do. During his first bubble I would top everyone up and then switch to Sabx3 and prepare Imperilx4 and deshellx2. When he broke out I would toss those up. Kept debuffing until imperil is up, as it's the most important. If deshell didn't make it up then whatever, if it did it just meant the fight would go faster.  

With those up I immediately switch to Ravx3 and stagger him in 2 atb charges (using thunder on Lightning, since it's the fastest spell animation). Exactly when that happens I switch to Comx3 and begin spamming ruin. If deshell made it up Lightning and Hope would do 100k damage per ruin which meant around 500-600k damage before he would go back into his bubble unless he decided to go early, which could happen. In addition the opposite could happen and he would spend a long time debuffing people and I could do well over a million damage to him before he bubbled. Healing never really turned into a problem since it was only ticking for like 80k at the end of the fight, so at most it would waste like 1 ATB charge for Hope. From there it was just rinse and repeat.

The fight ended oddly, though. Apparently Zantetsuken can effect him, which I wasn't expecting. I hadn't played this save file since I S-ranked back when the game came out and Hope randomly died at the end of the fight and I noticed I didn't have a phoenix down so I had to summon Odin (really wasn't planning on it). Used Zantetsuken to quickly escape and it killed him when he had a few hundred thousand HP left, lol. 

The main thing I got out of that... is man I really prefer combat in 13-2 to this now. There aren't near as many buffs and debuffs to worry about, there is no animation whatsoever for changing paradigms, and characters don't have weird ticks they have to do after recovering before they can start using abilities again. 13-2 has way more paradigm swapping going on in real battles which is more engaging.
    Kaishou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Kaishou

My uber chichu got this for me while I was fighting yomi (it has 1500 strength). I debuffed it's defence and staggered it to 999.99% then used chichu feral link and it got me max damage (it had armour break skill if that helped) .

Another time was while I was fighting long gui. I equipped Noel with the odinblade (fragment dependent) and 3 power bracelet (whatever it's called) then did the same method as yomi but buffed everyone using one of my SAB feral link (it was some frog, i forgot what it's called) and used Meteor Javelin after staggering it to 999.99%. Since yomi is a pain, I had to debuff it using imperil so that the stagger meter would go up faster and used ultima arrow along with lightning army of one feral link to get it the stagger meter maxed out. This achievement should really be done wherever you maxed out your chichu and did the necessary infusion(if you plan to use one) or maxed crystarium.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By musubi

Still can't get this....but just now found out about the Odin Blade. -_-;; So, going to go try again... Noel's STR is boosted to 1154 and I'm going to Deprotect & Brave lets see if this can't push me over the hump. =)

ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ZenaxPure
    @Demoskinos: Should be fine with those stats. I did it with 934 str and deprotect as reference, you will have overkill for it. The key really though is to use scourge.
    musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By musubi
    YAY! PLATINUM GET!
    YAY! PLATINUM GET!
    Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#24  Edited By Morrow

@Demoskinos: Haha, congrats! ^^

ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ZenaxPure
    @Demoskinos: Good work
    musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By musubi

@Zenaxzd: You know what put me over the top for the Damage trophy? Was Chichu. I did his Feral Link. The absolutely toughest battle I think was Caius vs Serah one on one for the paradox ending. My god thats rough.

Kaishou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Kaishou

@Demoskinos: :DDD welcome to the club!

ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ZenaxPure
    @Demoskinos said:

@Zenaxzd: You know what put me over the top for the Damage trophy? Was Chichu. I did his Feral Link. The absolutely toughest battle I think was Caius vs Serah one on one for the paradox ending. My god thats rough.

That was the second and last battle I actually bothered using a Sen pet in. Without one you couldn't even attack half the fight because he was juggling Serah in the air and crap. Still pretty rough even then, though.
    Kaishou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Kaishou

@Zenaxzd: It was the opposite for me. I switched Serah to SEN while I had my Dragoon (COM) do all the attacking.

ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ZenaxPure
    @Kaishou: I thought about doing that but I find Sen gameplay to be super un-engaging since it usually boils down to a bunch of mediguard spam. I fought him like a normal battle, but I just used Serah for everything while my Sen pet held onto him. All my paradigms were just Rav/Sen, Com/Sen, Sab/Sen, etc. Still felt like normal combat for me, then. Thanks to his low stagger meter I could still stagger him and all the normal stuff.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.