Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fight Night Champion

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Mar 01, 2011

EA brings Fight Night back into the ring with an M-rating, depicting the "violence and brutality that is true to the trade."

I'm trying to give MP every chance in the world to make sense...

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By handlas

Gimmie some advice on what I'm doing wrong plz?  (inevitable "get more skill" comments incoming)

How do I continually lose fights that I land 15-20% more punches with more total punches landed as well?  I lost a decision...about 8 rounds to 2 and i landed 15% more punches (head and body).  He landed more power shots than me but I landed way more counters.  I also do not understand blocking...does blocking even work in this game?  I hold block and I get hit anyway.  Block all the punches and the announcers will say "Oh he got hit by a 4 punch combination!"....no I clearly blocked every single punch.  I don't get it, seriously.  How do you win in this game; what is the trick?  I'm winning the fight yet the game says I lose.  Is there some judging criteria that is not connecting with me? 

Really don't know how to explain it other than that.  My record (tho I don't really care I just wanna win at some point) is probably 2-10.  1 win I was losing bad but got  a knockout. 

How do you guys play the game (if you are getting wins)? 

UPDATE:  Went 0-3 since this post...oh yaaaa!  Guess this game is not popular; haven't seen a very active forum anywhere.  Anyway, I'm selling it...hard to have fun when you lose and can't comprehend why.

Avatar image for burjeffton--defunct
    burjeffton--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 3

Yeah, it can be frustrating. I've been enjoying the game more since watching the EA tips and hints: 

http://www.easports.com/media/play/feature-video/Stamina    

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By jakob187

Frankly, the multiplayer has always been a weak point in Fight Night.  With Round 4, you couldn't even find a match a couple of days after the game came out because so many people were just using the character with the highest power and the longest reach, then spamming jabs to win.  With Round 3, you had the broken one-punch glitch. 

Enjoy the single player for what it is.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.