Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

FIFA Soccer 09

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Oct 14, 2008

EA Sports returns with the '09 edition of FIFA, a soccer simulation video game series. FIFA 09 features gameplay and graphic improvements from its predecessor, FIFA 08, as well as increased amount of players, leagues, and stadiums, and you have more control overall in the game.

Review: FIFA 09

josephbarron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 26

Edited By josephbarron
    josephbarron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 26

#1  Edited By josephbarron
    Perfect_Winter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Perfect_Winter

Good review, I agree with everything you said. I've got both this and the latest PES and the latter feels so much more disjointed in the animation department. The only negative thing I can say about FIFA 09 is that I wish I could choose to go back to 5v5 online because I find that 10v10 just descends into chaos with too many people not fulfilling their roles and everyone running towards the opponents goal at every opportunity.

Hexpane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Hexpane

I dont follow soccer other than watching the once in a blue moon MLS if the NE revos are playing or the world cup but I always enjoy a good soccer videogame.  I've thought Fifa has had some nice franchise modes lately, I really enjoy the way you can loan/buy players.  I got all "combine" on my last FIFA franchise 07 maybe? and started buying up all the young TALL talent on the cheap so I could have my dream soccer team of everyone being 6'3"+ yeah.. i was bored that year

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.